Dinosaur Topic

I think they say it ate ancient sharks and saw fish? Or those sharks with saw things on their noses, IDK

Say hello to the Bonnerichthys.

3 Likes

They’re both more art than science. I prefer fossils over any artistic depictions.

5 Likes

Yeah, the fossils really are the reason dinosaurs are iconic.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty cool walking into a museum and seeing a big 'ol skeleton.

Or even better, seeing them fossilized in a rock.

Which do you think is the most amazing?

8 Likes

Really, Pekekoa? :expressionless:

I prefer seeing the Skeleton, in all of its “Guess Where This Piece Goes” glory. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t know what you’re talking about. :confused:

Awesomer is technically not a word; it is “more awesome” :wink:

EDIT:

Oh, you fixed it before I posted. I feel really dumb right now.

2 Likes

Both are fascinating. Either one is really cool to look at. The skeleton allows dimension and imagination to rule, while the other gives more detail to the shape of the creature and actually gives us a little detail on the bones of what the skin or other features were like.

2 Likes

I’m glad you asked Mr.Pekekoa. Spinosaurus is the largest carnivorous land animal known to exist, maxing out at around 60 feet (18 meters) in length. Differing from other predatory dinosaurs, spinosaurus was semi aquatic and could hunt aquatic prey just as easily as prey found on land. And when people say this thing hunts fish, we’re talking about fish that would make the Barraki do a double take.

But spinosaurus would also be happy eating just about any animal it chose, land or water.
Couple that with long clawed arms that scientists predict coud puncture steel, a set of jaws that while not as strong as T.Rex, had the force of about half an elephant behind them, and a fairly powerful brain on the scale of dinosaur intellengence, and you’ve got one cool dinosaur.
It also just looks so dang unique, but that’s all personal taste now isn’t it?

6 Likes

No, when you pointed it out, I changed it, an- Nevermind.

1 Like

Well, that and it’s size… and giant claws… and ability to walk on two or four legs…

And to be awesome :sunglasses:

Fair enough, but it’s the artists depictions that “bring them to life” as it were. If it wasn’t for paleoart, we’d have no reference for how a live dinosaur would look or act. So both are very important.

Yeah, pretty cool.

Hey guys, since we have two other dinosaur topics, why don’t we change the title of this topic so we can include some of are other friends :wink:

I suggest : Prehistoric Animal Topic

as the Original Poster… I’ll consider it. Though my original idea was to keep them seperate since they’re entirely different classes of animals from Dinosaurs…

actually sorry, but I think I’ll keep Prehistoric Creatures away from dinos

1 Like

This is ßæ

I assume you’ll do something incredulous to make Ruby or that type or raptor similar to each other…

1 Like

Well, the RWBYsaurus is a thing.

2 Likes
2 Likes

There is one Dinosaur you may have heard of… It prowls the shores, searching for it’s next meal, scavenging what it can from dead carcasses, even stealing from other animals…

Don’t flag this as spam, birds are dinosaurs, and I think we should discuss it.

5 Likes