Dinosaur Topic

Ok guys, what is your favorite dinosaur? Spinosaurus is obviously the best, but for the sake of science lets hear everyone elses.

If anyone is questioning why spinosaurus is the best dinosaur, feel free to ask, and I shall explain.

I love them, they’re really quite cool

1 Like

@JMP I’m pretty sure just about every Tyrannosaurus species had some form of feathers.

@RedHoodieReveiwer My personal favorite was the Pteranodon, they just looked so cool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That I don’t agree with. I have not seen evidence so far to tell me that they did. You can provide some to change my mind, but so far I haven’t seen any.

Checkout the 16th post. :wink: It runs down which had and did not have feathers. Unless I misheard(Which I probably did, I should get my ears checked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), I believe it stated that most dinosaurs of the Tyrannosarus species had some form of feathers.

Nope, you didn’t mishear. Tyrannosaurs (and most other dinosaurs, not just theropods) are confirmed to have feathered ancestors and therefore it is very likely they had feathers. True it is not 100% proven tyrannosaurus had feathers, but it is FAR more likely that they did than didn’t.

@Chronicler That’s not how it works at all. We have found direct ancestors of “raptors” that had feathers, so it is more than likely that they had feathers. There is no doubt that velociraptor (as I assume that is what you refer to when you say raptor) had feathers of some sort or another, and it is only due to nostalgia that people argue this point, and not scientific data.
Not trying to be a jerk about this, just trying to clear things up :grin:

1 Like

Some ancestors to dinosaurs had feathers, so all Dinosaurs, even aquatic or desert ones had the possibility for feathers, but as the video says there’s only direct evidence for 40-41 dinos with feathers

I know velociraptors had feathers (they’res irrefutable evidence on that), but I’m just saying as a whole, I’m not sure if they can say all the species had them. Perhaps they did, but I’m not the one to believe every one of them had feathers.

It’s not as much nostalgia but is more of me doubting that all species of dinosaurs were feathered. I fail to understand what would be the practicality of it, not to mention that I don’t feel large dinosaurs had them anyways.

I mean, only small things like mammals and velociraptor survived the asteroid, right? Those would have gone onto making the animals we know today, so small raptors can be the ancestors of birds. But not the large ones that went extinct.

1 Like

Well, Feathers help keep their owner warm and at a steady body temperature, which would have been a blessing in prehistoric times.

But they’re cold blooded. And from what I heard, it was very hot during prehistoric times, so wouldn’t it have been better for the dinosaurs to not have them?

1 Like

It is theorized that they were Warm-Blooded. Here is one of the better sources I could find:

(Remember that it is a theory, so this can be proven false.)

Well, there’s flight, keeping itself warm, and the ability to run fast and do sharp turns…
Feathers may have granted Velociraptors the ability to walk up walls…

No, no, There are theories that many Dinosaurs were NOT cold blooded.

1 Like

workin on animal logic, and as described in the video, there were many types of Feathers. Though if we’re working with the logic of some birds… probably needed for mating purposes or for showing off?

not that all dinosaurs were multicolored peacocks but I’m just saying

2 Likes

Why is that? I’m curious.

And before anyone tells us to take this to the favourite Dinosaur topic, I think it might be better to have all discussion about dinosaurs in one place. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I like Spinosaurus because it liked to swim in water and could walk on land, making it amphibious.

4 Likes

it’s short though, and it’s only real advantage was swimming…

1 Like

Yeah. And if some dinosaur needs a drink or something, it can just splash out of the water and get a tasty meal. Not to mention it could walk on land, so it’s food wasn’t limited to water.

Besides, would you want one of these things coming after you?

2 Likes

in the water, definately no, but the only thing It ate was fish…

Also it has stumpy limbs, then again who knows how fast the thing could be on land. Imagine it being Cheetah fast or something?

2 Likes

You sure? The guy is pretty large. I don’t think just eating fish all the time would have been suitable enough for it’s size. The larger the animal, the more it needs to eat. Attacking bigger prey would have costed less energy for a bigger meal. Trying to catch a bunch of smaller fish would consume much more energy, especially since they’d swim away.

Besides, the thing is basically an overgrown crocodile. Let’s be real here. It’s gonna attack things trying to take a drink out of the water.

3 Likes

Maybe prehistoric fish were huge?

1 Like