Discussion: RP Etiquette

Half the things I did starting out when I was first role-playing… Honestly kinda annoyed me. I used to do a stupid thing where I would try to create a character plot hook and… it basically was left unexplored. And when it was explored I basically did everything without a plan. and that’s how Symphony was created./s

1 Like

I kind of do the same thing. I find that if I don’t have a set goal in mind for a character, then I usually end up losing interest pretty quickly. And that goal can even be as specific as a certain scene or conversation that want to play out, then kind of craft their story around that. Though one should always be prepared for things not to go as planned.

My biggest issue is I need to remebr this isn’t Fire Emblem: Awakening, and not every likes romance in their RP’s.

I’m serious, when I started Salvation, my mind was basically, “Ships, ships everywhere!”, and I was unconsciously pairing everyone with everyone. I have since dialed that back, (or at least tried). Except in one instance. (Quit draggin your feet Blight, ya big lug! :stuck_out_tongue:)

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

2 Likes

Every fanbase has that part to it: the people who seem to only try to pair characters for reasons that are more crazy than the last (i.e: MLP, RWBY and Digimon). Everyone enjoys stuff differently and the only thing I ask when interacting with shippers is that they respect my opinions and views while I try to do the same, even if we disagree.

Yeah… for Fire Emblem: Awakening, it stems mostly the fact that you can pair everyone of the same generation together (assuming they are of opposite genders. Fates loosens this a bit), that lends to this mindset of, “Everyone’s an option!” Which obviously isn’t true in RP’s. That’s just the way Awakening and Fates were made. They’re basically a turn-based strategy games with built-in dating simulator.

Agreed, RWBY’s shipping scene is crazy. Though they have some of the best ship names though. (nuts and dolts is hilarious ship name to me)

1 Like

best ship name? Yes. Best ship? No that’s WhiteRose.

Anyways, if you’re gonna ship characters, only do relationships involving at least one of your characters. And if it does include a character other that one of your own, talk it over with their player first.

And please, for the love of Mata Nui, don’t rush it. Rushed romance just doesn’t work out well.

3 Likes

A rushed romance might lead to a moment where they separate and kinda not get back for the better

3 Likes

An attempt of to do that with my characters would lead to instant bloodshed and carnage.