Doctor Who Discussion Topic

I believe the serial is Genesis of the Daleks, from the 4th Doctor’s first season. I haven’t seen it yet myself, though. XD

3 Likes

I just know it from the dalek handbook! It is a great book! A must have for any dalek fans. AND it has sketches of really weird dalek concepts for the time war!

3 Likes

Must have this book… NOW.

1 Like

Okay, I NEED to ask this, has anyone else read the comic book for the 10th doctor in which he finally learns to wink when facing the weeping angels? It is very satisfying but…WHY DOESNT THE 11TH DOCTOR DO IT!!!

2 Likes

Haven’t read it, but I’m glad someone finally realized you could do that! XD As for why 11 didn’t…wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey? :wink: Nah, iirc it’s never really been decided whether the expanded universe is canon or not, so the show tends to ignore it.

2 Likes

Okay does anyone know who the Time controller is? It is my favorite dalek but not a lot of people know who it is!!! He is cool for one cause he is from the far future and very mysterious, two he is literally (Right now.) ABOVE THE SUPMREME! (Even though he may or may not have died in one of the DW books…) SO LOOK HIM UP! And if you like him now or after looking him up do leave a like so all th eboard knows! #DalekTC5lyfe

1 Like

Just now stumbled upon this topic…
Keravnos used Max Revive!
TTV Whovian Community Topic was restored to full health!
So yeah, only 6 more days 'till SEASON 9!

4 Likes

The hype is real! XD

I am gonna pu- BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFF okay this is gonna be the best! (Even though it is clara as the companion…) I can’t wait for the classic daleks to return! Also I know someone who’d love this topic! cough @Lord_Dcast cough so what are you oppinions on the trailers and upcoming series? :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Tbh I haven’t paid much attention to the trailers; all I really know is that Missy is coming back and that there will be lots of two-parters. But I’m definitely looking forward to it; I thought season 8 was a big improvement from season 7, so I’m hoping this one is as good or better!

1 Like

[quote=“RedHuna101, post:49, topic:1432, full:true”]
I am gonna pu- BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFF okay this is gonna be the best! (Even though it is clara as the companion…) I can’t wait for the classic daleks to return! Also I know someone who’d love this topic! cough @Lord_Dcast cough so what are you oppinions on the trailers and upcoming series?
[/quote]Love it. Prologue is awesome, can’t wait for this weekend.

1 Like

*13 months later, still in the same situation

i should probably get back to watching S6

2 Likes

DEW IT

Season 6 has some great episodes, like “The Doctor’s Wife” and “The God Complex.”

3 Likes

Are there any tv shows that got more than one head writer?

I feel like that’s been a large problem for nu-who, not having another head writer to make sure the current one isn’t doing anything… stupid.

Avatar: TLA and The Legend Of Korra both had joint head writers (they even got their own shipping name: Bryke).

I haven’t finished S7 yet…

1 Like

Star Trek and Stargate come to mind. Tbh, I think there’s merit to both approaches. Sometimes when you have more than one head writer, either they’ll end up not getting along or both will end up doing a bad job, and you’re no better off. I certainly would say that Moffat and Davies have their faults, but overall I think they’ve both done admirable jobs.

Oh man, you gotta power through it. IMO S7 is the worst season since S1, but S8 gets a whole lot better.

1 Like

Oh, that’s not the problem. I just don’t have access to the episodes. A new friend of mine has them though…

1 Like

Beg

Borrow

Steal

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES

/mt? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Doot Da Doo reading through the comments…

What…WHAT???
Okay that’s it give me a valid reason the S7 was worse than 1. It had emotion drama and even introduced the freaking war doctor!!! The Matt smith finally was perfect and made me miss him even more! I have to admit after rewarding S8 I have found it better but for one… It has Clara aka Miss Emotionless, enough said.

Okay after that nerd rage I will actually ask for some reasoning behind S7 being so bad, I am actually interested in what you have to say Johnny boy!

1 Like

Well.

I’m on S3.

Yeah…

1 Like