Does anybody remember the Mcdonald's Bionicle toys?

My first ever exposure to Bionicle was when i got Takadox as toy with one of my happy meals. I consider McTakadox to be one of my most important Bionicles despite it not being an actual lego set, as it was what first got me into the franchise to begin with. I also had a Lewa Phantoka mcdonald’s toy as well, and a McZaktan that I got from a friend when i was younger.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else here had some fond nostalgic/sentimental memories surrounding the Bionicle happy meal toys.

8 Likes

I had lewa phantoka and Gorast. I remember playing with them when my youngest sister was born. I used them enough that their joints got pretty loose which aggravated me a lot.

3 Likes

I have fond memories of the McPiraka, since the Piraka were my favorite villains, and they were the only Piraka figures I had for several years. I ended up getting most of the figures from each of the waves, but the Piraka were by far my favorite. I also remember coloring a duplicate Tahu Mistika black so that he could be a Shadow Toa, 'cuz edgy fourth grade me thought that was cool, lol.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, those pieces of garbage

I donated a whole bag full of them like 40+ to a thrift store

Also I’ve never eaten McDonald’s

4 Likes

How did you get them if you didn’t get them from Mcdonald’s? Did you get them secondhand or something?

1 Like

Garage sales, mixed in with Bionicle lots, friends and family who didn’t want them and knew I ‘liked legos bionicles’

Completely useless for mocing and only work as an ad strategy to make you want the actual set. Next to nothing in terms of value.

4 Likes

Yeah, I remember getting Antroz at a McDonald’s once. Come to think about it, I also bought a McNuparu Mahri at a flea market last year (it’s almost impossible to keep his shield attached, though).

2 Likes

My brother and I got Inika Jaller and Nuparu, and Hakann, but I didn’t much care for them tbh. I just found myself thinking, why not actual Lego like the Tohunga? Now those I’m nostalgic for. Seeing them in the display was probably my earliest Bionicle memory (a year before I actually got into it), although for whatever reason we didn’t end up getting any at the time. I remember visiting some cousins of mine and being absolutely obsessed with their Onepu.

2 Likes

I know I had a few, but the only one I remember for sure was Krika. I like to put his legs inside his other legs.

Pretty sure I had Gorast and Takadox as well.

2 Likes

I remember having a few of them from the Ignition saga. They’re… a thing. Mcdonald’s toys have rarely been high quality, from my experience, and these were no exception.

2 Likes

I have Takadox, Mantax, Kalmah, Hahli, Antroz and Tahu

it was a lit time back then

1 Like

I remember having the Gali Mistika, though I don’t remember ever actually getting it from McDonalds. It just kind of showed up one day.

2 Likes

I don’t remember getting any during the time they were around but i know i did since i had the Kongu Mahri and Krikka but gave them away though i have been recently collecting a few since they have a bit of charm and now have 3 Matoro Mahri’s, 1 Gorast, 1 Kalmah and 1 Zaktan.

1 Like

My cousin just gave me his McTakadox, but the screws that connect his legs are so loose that I just have him constantly sitting and I claim he’s paralyzed.

3 Likes

McKrika.

Poor lad.

3 Likes

I had a bitil

2 Likes

I remember finding Vezok at a rented holiday house, I had no idea what he was and when I found the Lego trade mark on him I was really confused. Also yeah I’ve got them in bulk lots before and foolishly threw them away-they would have made for nice decoration in hindsight.

1 Like

I had Carapar, Nuparu Mahri, several Mantax, Hahli Inika, Zaktan, and Tahu Mistika.

laughs in McToran

2 Likes

Okay, we all know that is the one exception. :stuck_out_tongue: