Does anybody remember the Mcdonald's Bionicle toys?

I’m curious; is there a reason why McDonalds didn’t make something like the McToran again?

A change in safety policy?

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because it wasn’t necessary.

The McToran were sets exclusive to McDonald’s (in most countries). They were made with standard high quality LEGO-brand ABS, and produced and shipped by LEGO, and that’s a bit of a pain.

It’s much cheaper to make a little garbage-y action figure with a possible gimmick out of less-than-quality plastic and manufactured by McDonald’s themselves.

1 Like

Lego’s production deal with McDonald’s ended.

2 Likes

I had a mahri McHahli (this was before I got into bionicle, so I just assumed she was a guy :stuck_out_tongue:), and McAntroz.

3 Likes

IIRC, I had Vezok, Mahri Nuparu, and Mistika Onua. My brother ended up getting Inika Jaller, Mahri Nuparu, and Mistika Onua. I’m guessing my McDonalds had a lot of Nuparu’s and Onua’s lol

2 Likes

I remember as a kid really wanting the 08 Krika toy. I was like 4 and i didn’t even know there was a bigger version. I think i kept getting Gali mistika but I did get that Krika. Long lost but at least now i got myself the actual version. Still the best mistika.

4 Likes