Doritos, the Transdimensional Bat

There are few who would dispute that a war is without its unknowns. It is especially obvious that there are always people on each side of a battle who are “Missing in action”. This is what officially happened to Doritos. As a scout for her side, she was not actively entrusted with a weapon, as she was merely supposed to find enemy emplacements and report them to the bats. However, on her last mission, she disappeared. It was later found that she had been captured by a certain scientist working for the Mites, who needed bat genetic material for his “experiments”. This resulted in Doritos’ wings being removed, so he gave her cybernetic wings, plated in tungsten-carbide armor.

However, there was a raid on his lab by the Mites high command, who had found that the scientist was using chemicals stolen from their own facilities. In the resulting chaos, Doritos escaped, and became lost in the research facilities’ vast labyrinthine tunnels. She found a door that appeared to lead to “The Outside”. She did not realize that this was a teleporter. She ran through it, and vanished from the realms of their knowledge.

At the same time, Makara had been working with an Olmek that he had found in the remains of the Archives to see if it could be reverse engineered to use as a mapmaking device to show other universes. It exploded, and knocked him out. When he regained consciousness, he found that there was someone standing nearby. It was Doritos, who had been sucked through the teleporter, and out of a briefly lasting portal created by the damaged Olmek.

Here is a picture of Doritos:

She is a tall bat with red and gunmetal armor. She has armor-plated wings, and claws that can work as flamethrowers for a few seconds, as the genetic experiments performed on her have given her a slight amount of control over fire. She is currently working for Makara as a scout, and is also working on the design for a “tank”: a treaded exploration vehicle armed with an experimental ion cannon. Please, comment!

8 Likes

Very nice but the background is a little distracting. Could you upload some pictures that just show the moc?

4 Likes

Unfortunately not, since I don’t have a camera, other than my laptop’s camera. Also, I may work on building and rendering Doritos in Studio 2.0, since I can make a good rendering in there. I took the picture on my desk, because it’s the only spot where I have decent lighting in my room.

1 Like

Nuparu mahri in the background? 10/10

The flames of war have simmered, but every new bat is like a freshly sprouted tree tempting the fires to reignite.

2 Likes

Listen, it’s not our fault. Unfortunately it’s just how trends work.

Nice bat, I really like the story

3 Likes

Yet you sit here and encourage the behavior. Tsk tsk.

2 Likes

Yes, Nuparu is hanging out in the background with Jaller Mahri and Nuju Metru.

2 Likes

Ok I could excuse Olisi posting a bat, but you have been interacting in the aftermath of the war, seen the trouble that the Bats that have been posted after the events of it, and still decided to post this. It would be ok if the naming scheme was different but it fits in with all the others even though you knew the war was over and I’m assuming you knew about the treaty. If the intent was to restart the war, it’s never going to happen by just one person. If you just wanted to post a moc of a bat, then why did you make it align with the naming scheme of the others?

1 Like

extension cord lets not be so harsh

2 Likes

it most certainly can, if the MOC can be construed as being posted despite awareness of the treaty

and seeing as how you’ve already offered some quite compelling evidence …

1 Like

Solar, the war is over. DuneToa is not and was never associated with the Bat Brigade, so if you want to fight someone, fight them.

1 Like

Because it’s not an extension of the war. If this character is not ever going back to your war-torn realm of madness, I don’t see any reason why you should be going to other people’s posts and insulting them and saying not to make anything related to this topic. I could understand if you were staff or a moderator for the topic, but don’t just troll the accounts of people who make small side stories and tell them “You’re exacerbating this conflict.” You do not have any right to do this, and your continuing to do so is just plain rude. Besides, the others caused no trouble until you and some of the other people who are on here constantly started creating the arguments about bats being evil and needing to be killed. If you want to respectfully take up this argument on a new topic, feel free to do so. But don’t go saying that I’m trying to cause trouble. If you’re really interested in why I chose the name of this MOC, you can try asking respectfully. Otherwise, stop sending me rude comments designed to make me mad at you.

3 Likes

uh
I think he was joking.

1 Like

um

Cordax is on our side

He’s your ally

3 Likes

I get that you just want to post your MOC, but it’s literally going against what everyone agreed on. You’re intentionally posting this, knowing people will be unhappy. Whether you’re wanting to or not, this is extending a period of unrest, and I don’t think you can claim to be avoiding trouble.

1 Like

Ok so we’ve resolved this on our own, but I’d like to add that I have nothing against you, and I am a big supporter of the Bats. The problem I saw wasn’t the fact it was a Bat, it was that it would spark conflict. I still sincerely apologize for being so rude.

2 Likes

Yeah my dude, it’s all fun and games. No one’s tryna insulte you.

3 Likes

Neat another bat, cool shoulder design

Thanks. I didn’t mean to incite or exacerbate any controversy with this, since I just liked the design of the bat MOCs and wanted to try to build one of my own. If this does violate any agreements, spoken, written, or agreed upon by mutual consent, I apologize. I didn’t see this treaty, as I have not been active often enough to notice. I repeat, this was merely my attempt to create my own bat character, while keeping it separate from the surrounding controversies. I hope that we can all stop fighting over this pretty soon, though.

And I apologize to you, @Cordax , for saying that you were the cause of this trouble. It does not rest upon your shoulders, but upon those of us who cannot be polite. I probably contributed more to this argument in my replies to you than you did to me.

1 Like