Drainu, Stoneclad Fighter

“As an architecture and engineering student bestowed with Toahood, Drainu is the type to use his art as a weapon. More literally than most - he uses his stone-crafting abilities to construct weapons with which he proceeds to bash skulls in. As he is also a competent melee fighter. An unusual combination in my book.

Prior to his calling as a Toa, Drainu learned to build machinery and structures of stone and metal, and spent most of his free time playing Koli. His finesse as both a designer and an athlete was a remarkable pairing, and I doubt not that if he was not a Toa he would put his skills to good use in the war. But, a Toa he is, and the first of the Vihagu to become a Toa. Furthermore as the sole member of the future team for five years, he spent considerable time training under Toa Emekal, becoming like a brother to him.

"Weight"

I question what Drainu thought when Zerkah’s status as a noble and a fire Toa made him the leader on principle, while the only other member was already well versed as a Toa. Whatever it was, he must not have held on to bitterness for long, as he has been compliant and even swore fealty to Zerkah after he was inducted into the Burning Order. However, as lover of Ayen, Master of Jungle, he is often found in the middle of the two’s disagreements.

"Keeping Score"

He is likely the most intelligent member of the Vihagu, but is distrusting of those he does not know well. He becomes headstrong in battle, moreso even than Zerkah, confident in his own abilities and his elemental supremacy. His aggressive behavior is either endearing or slighting to others around him.”

Drainu - MOC comments

Drainu has received pretty minimal changes. The main two are his stomach – the add-on armor has been swapped for stability’s sake – and the arms. I wasn’t able to make the previous forearms well-covered or stable (the balljoint on the wrist falls off easily), so I decided to simplify them. The shoulder plate is now based on pin connections instead of a balljoint, which also tended to fall off; and he has a new armor piece under it. His right upper arm is a copy of Therina’s, intended to improve the balance of Metru brown; but I’m not a big fan of it and how it gives him a standout black spot.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

36 Likes

Awesome! Save, of course, for the beer gut (maybe flip the piece?)

Looks awesome. My only two suggestions would be to maybe replace some of the light tan pieces with more brown, and replace the piece holding the weapon to the hand with something like this:

That way, his hand can fully close around the weapon.

1 Like

This version is more stable; I agree that it looks better flipped but it never stays in place that way.

Probably will. The downside is that that hand design means you have to remove and re-attach the fingers between holding the weapon and having a closed fist.

Looks awsome, i love the sword, but the color scheme… Those colors don’t fit togheter very well