Drawing of Kualus - TTV Canon contest #3

Here is my entry into the Honor Guard Canonization Contest – Toa Hagah Kualus.
А few words about the idea:

1. The spear. Yes, this is the chest armor of the Toa Hordika (why not). It has a sharp tip and sharpened side blades. So, in an attack, it first stabs and then cuts.
  2. Armor. In appearance, there is no difference between the color of the mask and, for example, the color of the hands. But they are different, trust me. An alloy of iridium, platinum, and palladium #shine_bright_like_a_diamond
    The hardest part was making him look like Norik and Iruini, but at the same time not making him an absolute copy of them. Well… the rules significantly restrain the creative freedom.
    Bonus: Coliseum Symbol on the thigh armor
43 Likes

VERY good.

1 Like

Huh. This actually looks pretty bloody good. I reckon it’d be the top pick for the canon contest! C:

2 Likes

The first piece of artwork for the Hagah contest and… it’s gorgeous! Good luck in the polls!

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of the armor color, though. In my opinion, it makes him look a lot like Toa Nuju. I think it’d be better if there was more contrast between the base and metallic colors

nice :sunglasses:

This is really quite good! I like the subtle movie influence in the design, and the spear tip is a brilliant idea I’ve not seen before. Is the mask based on anything in particular, or is it wholly original?

1 Like

So, is it old silver or chrome? Either way, this is a really nice drawing, and I hope to see it go far. Good luck.

1 Like

The quality of the artwork is brilliant, but design-wise it unfortunately just looks so much like Nuju.

2 Likes

The mask design is pretty interesting.
Even if it didn’t get picked as the winner I’d still want a 3d print of it.

1 Like

100%. Fantastic, looking forward to the art for this contest.

That’s an excellent mask, it has a scope but doesn’t look too similar to an Akaku or… whatever Nuju’s mask is called. I have to ask though, is his armor supposed to represent the same silver color as Norik, chrome silver, or pearl white?

Amazing! 10/10

It is wholly original

It’s an author interpretation of Norik’s flat silver.

3 Likes

Nice! I was getting some slight Rode vibes, but I wasn’t sure if that was a me thing or not.

No! Nooooo it doesn`t! :persevere: :pensive:

2 Likes

Love the mystical aura on this!

Excellent job and very creative spear tip. Definitely one of my favorites!

Ah, the Solek of Kualus’s. (By that, I mean the colors, flat white and a silver that is very close to white)

Color aside though, the Mask is neat, I love the asymetrical features, it kinda reminds me of the description for the Olisi. The spear tip… eh, the Hordika chest armor doesn’t have a point on the actual piece, so I’m not big on it here. The little coliseum logo is a nice touch, though.

Cool, drawing, good luck

1 Like