Dreamspace - Signups and OOC

4 Likes

4 Likes

Huh, I fully expected my attempt to help Batsil would result in me being violently slashed at.

3 Likes

Well he’s currently having a physical meltdown so for at least a few seconds you’re good

also this gets the whole hiding in a blanket and trust issues thing over with by giving him much greater trust issues

2 Likes

Name : Nigel Patterson

Info : male, 175 (cm) age 18, definitely on the weaker side, coughs and splutters a lot, his speech is slightly slurred. His favourite foods are fruit related meals and juices

Appearance : has slightly longer legs and very skinny arms. He wears an oak brown hoodie and baggy grey jeans. Over the top of the hoodie he wears a faded olive green coat. He has a large black and grey scarf bound around his neck (which is cast over his back) which is brought up over his mouth. He wears dark green tinted glasses and a dark grey beanie which covers his ears and upper forehead. All of his skin is wrapped in medical cloth and other fabrics, the only parts of the cloth that can be seen are on his hands, a little bit on the back of his neck and some of his cheeks.

Nightmare : his nightmare is that the disease has spread all over his body, this means, as you can guess, his whole body is now covered in the skin condition so this means that his skin is very fragile and gross to look at thus the reason why he has tried to cover as much of his body as possible in clothing and bandages. Sometimes if his condition is especially bad on his arms it stops him from being able to lift heavy objects.
Dream : His dream is to be able to heal from injuries so as you might expect he is able to to heal from most wounds and injuries, except from his skin condition and injuries like being blown up. The most damage that he can sustain would be a whole limb be removed, although it would take weeks to grow back.

Backstory : Nigel grew up with no knowledge of who his parents were. He was taken in by a kind old man when he was around four. The old man had taken in other kids in similar situations. Around this time a rare skin condition began to form on his hands. His adoptive father was unable to pay for the treatment and so it slowly spread over his hands, he ended up having to wrap his hands in pieces of cloth and bandages to cover the damaged skin. Later on in life he was taught to pick-pocket by one of the older kids. Eventually he pick-pocketed some of the Cracked pills, he held onto them for a couple years but eventually curiosity killed the cat and he took some.

Personality : Nigel is very shy and doesn’t like to talk to strangers although after taking the pill he is a little bit more friendly to strangers. Pick-pocketing no longer bothers him and he’s proud of his obscure talent. At times he can be harsh and quick tempered with people.

Vices : His main hobby/job is pick-pocketing and thus he is a semi kleptomaniac.

Edit let’s hope I didn’t miss anything

6 Likes

He’s 18 and he’s barely 5’2". Not impossible, but a bit sussy.

???

Here we have a problem.

Nigel’s nightmare is that he’s slowly decaying while still alive, like gangreen or diabetes would produce except originating from the skin. The only problem is that his dream is the literal opposite and grants him a healing factor against injuries to a certain degree. This means he is forever trapped in a specific state where he cannot decay as his body is regrowing those areas before they disappear.

No further commentary until Winger’s had the opportunity to review this, but I can guarantee this’ll be an issue.

what

Well I grant that this scenario is definitely possible in the setting of the RP but I would sucker punch those parents for valuing property over possession of their own children.

I think you mean kleptomaniac, as collectomaniac means someone who turns their hobby of collecting items into a business since it requires so much time and energy it may as well become a source of income.

Definitely gonna need Winger’s thorough analysis of this one before moving forward.

5 Likes

like deadpool

like matilda

2 Likes

K I can change that one, i am really bad with heights and such, his height was just a meant to be just a bit shorter than normal height, so what height do you think would work?

Must be a nz thing

If there’s one thing you should know about me it’s that it suck at spelling, I will change that

This isn’t like 2-3 kids, It would have been a larger family and the average amount of money that people will send on raising a kid is $285,000 so yeah that’s gonna be like around $1710000 that they would have needed, so I thought that it was responsible that they were given away

It was more that sometimes he would rot quicker than healing and vice versa

4 Likes

so wait, should I suckerpunch the fictional parents or you

I think the height is one of the lesser issues with the character approach here, but I’ll reserve further comment until Winger’s had a chance to respond.

3 Likes

4 Likes

This is a good idea, thank you

1 Like

Wait, hold up…

2 Likes

Hey just a heads-up my schedule has gotten pretty full, so I might not be able to post here for a while.

3 Likes

I was hoping someone else would reply so Ghid and I would have something else to bounce off of and it wasn’t just the BatSue show, but it seems that’s not to be.

2 Likes

Yeah cmon guys we need some more player interaction here

2 Likes

Based on context, I thought we were waiting on more clarification/results from Winger.

2 Likes

Well… He also hasn’t commented on the signup from Eilrach…

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for plot

2 Likes

I’d go ahead and GM the story in the meantime, but not without knowing Winger’s general plan for things/immediate details

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll get to posting here ASAP. I had a buttload of school this weekend/today, but I should be able to get to it tonight.

5 Likes