Dreamspace - Signups and OOC

I can see that, yeah. I wasn’t going for any type of commentary, it just seemed like a reasonable thing for someone to want and use a dream pill to achieve.

I feel the character can still work as is, just with a different dream, something that would still balance with the “nightmare”. So what about this:

Blindness. Character is blind, wishes to see, takes pill. Pro: can now see. Con: their past life is now “in the dark”, metaphorically speaking.

Otherwise, same character concept.

Revised character sheet

Name: ??? (“Sue”)
Info : Female, 5’7’’, 18-ish YO
Appearance : Long brown hair, upkept in a ponytail. Piercing amber eyes. Wears short-cut blue jeans, and a black leather biker jacket.

Dream : sight(?)

Nightmare : near-total amnesia, she has very vague memories of her past life before taking the pill.

Backstory : Sue has no idea who she was before taking the cracked SnOvA. The only things she is sure of is that she definitely took the pill, and that before she took it, she was blind. Aside from that, her life has been reduced to mere snippets, a voice that she can almost remember, a term or date that was important but she isn’t sure why.

Personality : She quickly adopts a very outgoing, brash personality, who has NO idea how to interact with people. By that, I don’t mean the quiet, shy, never talks to people stereotype – that might be better. No, she’s not afraid to say what she wants to say and has little understanding of what’s appropriate or acceptable for for social interaction.

Vices : sometimes a casual jerk, occasionally does or says mean things. She’s a nice enough person to regret it afterward, but it’s a compulsion, like an instinct that she hasn’t figured out how to turn down. She lacks independence, and tends to follow along with what others around her are doing.

5 Likes

I am making some alterations for balancing purposes.

On the subject of nightmares, do you/Winger prefer more concrete ones or less defined/more vague ones?
@Winger

2 Likes

For some reason my brain said ‘she has piercings’ and I spent a minute and a half trying to find where that was listed

If Winger greenlights this, I want you to know that due to how incredibly vague this bio is, you’re essentially giving us free reign to write your backstory for you however we choose.

I want you to be aware of that.

Carrying over from the last iteration, there’s the problem of her being noticeably out-of-place in comparison to those around her - most notably, she is completely normal outside of being an amnesiac. Were this a slice-of-life rp she would fit perfectly, but this is a story with a flying talking fish and cthulhu.

Granted, this doesn’t mean this character can’t exist, but the lineup might look a bit odd.

It really doesn’t make that much of a difference. If it can be utilized, it doesn’t matter if it’s vague or concrete, although I imagine Winger will find it easier to use a more defined one.

However, nobody cares about Winger’s comfort, so do what you wish. But make it interesting.

4 Likes

okay, it’s probably going to be shub niggurath but i haven’t even finished thinking about the concept

1 Like

oh, but you were

2 Likes

i still stand by my statement

1 Like

Drat you noticed

4 Likes

So I’m hardly one to let the grass grow under my feet because it gives me the bad asmr tingles, and my earlier comments of possibly making a webcomic have not been unfounded - in fact, I’ve been toiling on pinning down an artstyle to use for character concepts.

And so far I’ve run aground every single time. I simply can’t determine what artstyle to use; I’ve gone through several older art styles as well as the Basil signup style, and I’m almost to the point of mimicking other people’s art styles in order to find what I’m looking for.

TL;DR, if anyone has any art styles they would like to see the comic take inspiration from, you can PM them to me. Hopefully I can get this figured out soon.

5 Likes

i don’t care what style you use, all i want is for you to listen to sgt. pepper’s lonely hearts club band while drawing the characters
this is not a joke and i genuinely think you should do it

I would ask you why in Var’s facial hair you would unironically recommend I listen to paul mcartney sing about lsd while having a crippling inability to draw properly but then I remembered who I’m talking to

1 Like

my man
tell me how all the characters got to where they are
what is the one thing this rp is revolving around

Fears and insecurities.

4 Likes

Ketamine

My ego

2 Likes

illegal drugs!

Is that mean The Lego Yoda will be making an appearance?

So far I think this looks interesting but intimidating as I have never participated in a RPG and it is hard to think of a good character. Needs thinking over like all things.

5 Likes

That’s why she went blind. Don’t pierce your eyes, kids.

Just to clarify, that’s a joke. I didn’t even notice the connection between her former blindness and the way I described her eyes until you pointed that out.

Oh yeah, I definitely expected that. That could be interesting, too – I’ve written a few amnesiacs in the past, but not one I don’t know the story.

This character might not provide much in terms of providing to the abilities of the “team”, but I’m hoping to make up for it in terms of character interactions, because that is one thing I am good at.

4 Likes

Winger has more or less told me to stop griping and agree with the signup already I mean specified he has no issues, so the only thing remaining is… If you could change some of the info and appearance, as there’s already a 5’5" 18 y/o girl in the signup already and because I’m so selfish about my drawing inability I don’t want to have to draw more properly proportioned human beings than I have to

Even something unique appearance-wise will be enough to satiate my needs and the more creative you are with it, the more cookie emojis I give you

2 Likes

@Winger

I am still intending to make balance changes to Taimon (my current character proposal) but I wanted to get your opinion on the character since Ghid has already chimed in.

3 Likes