Dust Slizer

So… I couldn’t decide if I wanted to make a Slizer or a Roborider. So, I decided to make both. I present to you, the Dust Slizer (Throwbot mode).
Dust Slizer
And, when it needs to get somewhere fast, it can convert to Roborider mode.
Dust Slizer, RoboRider Mode
Story blurb: As the war on planet Slizer rages on, the Dust Slizer enters the fray. Using stolen Air and Rock disks, the Dust Slizer attacks with the force of a sandstorm behind its mighty throwing arm. When a disk just won’t do the trick, the Dust Slizer can utilize its plasma blasters to bring the heat of the desert to the battle. To get somewhere fast, Dust can transform to its rugged RoboRider mode, a form perfect for traversing the desert sands or just plowing throw things in general. Here comes the Dust Storm!
Dust Slizer, Disk
Dust Slizer, Back detail
So, this was heavily inspired by IGU’s Slizer MOCs. I wanted to create a Slizer/Roborider mash up, so I made a Slizer that can covert to a beefed up Dust Roborider. I tired to incorporate little homages to the original toys from 1999 and 2000, such as the little bits of chrome, the three wheels, the spikes on the front, the foot design, and the moving back suspension. There also some nice compartments for storing disks in each mode.Dust Slizer, Roborider side
Dust Slizer, RoboRider Back
As far as transformation goes, no parts need to be removed, except for the visor, but that is just because I don’t want to go hunting for another one. That’s all for now! For more pictures, check out the album: Dust Slizer | Flickr
I hope you liked this build. It was a lot of fun. I guess this guy is a ThroboRider… eh? Eh? EH?.. Yeah, I’ll be here all day…

139 Likes

This is great. Roboriders, while kinda weird, still had some neat sets.

3 Likes

Nice job! The Slizer mode has a great appearance, and something about the Roborider mode just works so well for a DUST Slizer; like something you’d ride in the desert.

3 Likes

I really like the Slizers and Roboriders. 10/10

1 Like

this is friggin’ AWESOME

@Spider-Ven, get on this ASAP!

also, @MSEP, tell me you’re gonna do Onyx as well

2 Likes

That is beautiful. I have always wanted to see these things revamped, and this has blown my mind!

1 Like

nice Bioformer
love the look of it

1 Like

Oh my God this is the best thing-

It’s so animated in a way. The shaping and use of parts is cool. The 2 giant wheels on top add to the look.

2 Likes

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/04/10/635958478612819553-557423033_tumblr_m7bx203RpE1r5r8duo6_r1_500.gif

Though yeah, alt-mode was giving me ‘Tumbler’ vibes :stuck_out_tongue:

Robot mode is nice, though feel lower legs and elbow’s are a little bare - though that may be stylistic

8 Likes

This is ****ing amazing. The best MOC I’ve seen on the boards in quite a while. You and @LoganMcOwen want to make me make my own slizer MOC.

1 Like

same. I’m half-tempted to rip off this formula with an Onyx or frost roborider.

that, or make Ski.

1 Like

You made a bioformer that looks good in both modes! :open_mouth:

Awesome job, man!

1 Like

Is this is the new main character in transformers 5?!

4 Likes

Amazing.
I love how it looks in both forms, the switch is seamless.

1 Like

I wonder how it transforms so smoothly, nothing clunky or odd.

Better than 97% of my MOCs.

And I make pretty good MOCs, in my opinion.

1 Like

This is absolute perfection. Also, apparently I’m not the only one who liked Dust enough to make a Moc inspired by him (Motor Centaur: Dusty V1.5).

1 Like

It’s wonderful, amazing job, both modes seamless.

1 Like

Man, I really want to build one of these now. If only my Amazon Throwbot were complete…

Also, it’s a Transformer. I like Transformers. Plus, I see a little bit of every building system!

3 Likes

Bio-Robo-Slizer Transformer! I love it!

4 Likes