Yako Slizer

Finally made another Slizer MOC. It only took 4 years.

Hey guys! This is my latest project, the Yako Slizer:
Imgur
Imgur

This is another example of me wanting to make two different MOCs and mashing their themes together. In this case it was a Nine-tailed fox themed character and a Slizer. As was the case with my Dust Slizer (shamelessly going to just leave this here: Dust Slizer ), I tried to incorporate pieces and motifs from the late 90s/early 00s to capture the feel of the Slizer line while using modern techniques.

Each of this guy’s nine tails is a throwing arm, so naturally he can hold lots of disks.
Imgur
Imgur

The tails can fold up into a big bundle for when he just needs to walk around.
Imgur
Imgur

As an added bonus, he also has little rocket pods in his legs.
Imgur

He’s a lot bigger than the standard slizers of course, and he makes Dusty look a little shrimpy, too.
Imgur

That’s the Yako Slizer. He’s a bit goofy, and sadly doesn’t have the transforming function that Dusty did, but I had a lot of fun with him and got to try out some new techniques. As always, you can check out more pictures in the full album here: Yako Slizer | Flickr

Thanks! If you have thoughts, I would love to hear them!

63 Likes

This is the coolest Slizer ever!

The color scheme is a bit messy, but the build is really solid. I really like the addition of all those Slizer arms at the back, it gives him a very imposing look.
Overall, I like your Dust Slizer more than this one, but it’s still a great MOC nevertheless.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Would removing the red or switching out some of the grey parts with black help on the color scheme side?

2 Likes

Yeah, most likely.

2 Likes

Wow, this is great. I always loved your old stop frame stuff on you tube, but I never knew you were a bonkle mocist, and a good one too!

Yep! I’ve been at it for 6ish years now. Hoping to get back into stop motion at some point, but it’s a lot bigger of a time/mental commitment.

3 Likes

Truly a glorious build.

1 Like

I really love this! I’m always a sucker for Slizers, and the nine-tailed-fox motif is also something I quite appreciate, so I’m pretty much bound to love this, but even setting aside how well it caters to my interests, it still looks incredible. I will say that the red accents, while not inherently a bad idea, seem to clash with the yellow somewhat; if you have those pieces in a darker shade, perhaps, it could work a bit better, giving the same industrial feeling without sticking out quite as much? Just a suggestion, though, and ultimately a fairly minor nitpick. On the whole I really adore what you’ve done here, and between this and Dust, I really hope you do more Slizer mocs like these in the future. ^_^

3 Likes

Thanks! I tried switching to dark red mid build, and it wasn’t really working for me. I think I’m just going to remove the red or swap it to a more neutral color like black or grey.

2 Likes

I think I like the red though, grey… maybe, but if you had to remove the red and replace it, I think black