Duty Day!

Fulfilled my duty by making a new Self-Moc! Allow me to introduce Toa Alphus, Toa of Light!

More pics of him (and his steed) coming later.

2 Likes

Steed?!

I like steeds, steeds are cool.

Is it a Rahi that we’ve already seen before or something new?

1 Like

Ny’s hallway in the school he attends.

I thought the shot looked cool, and it took patience to find a time where it was all empty.

That’s the outside of the Gym. Now, this day is honestly very well timed, in the worst of ways. >.<

For those who don’t know, the small town of Weed CA recently was victim to a very large fire. :[

And my School’s town is very close there, and so there are lots of people in the Gym right now, many of whom lost their homes to the fire, and just yesterday I delivered some clothes and shampoo and etc, and all in the town, it’s still going on, lots of Charity.

So yeah, lots of misfortune all around, but in general, it’s really good to see my local community doing something about it. Really gives me hope and stuff, y’know?

13 Likes

Happy Duty day!

I was going to upload some pictures but I have some technical problems.

I fulfilled MY duty by finishing the figure part of my newest MOC!

Gotta finish a weapon for her though.

I wish I knew how to do the blurred text. I’ve figured out strikethrough but don’t know the blurred.

School’s meh, but today was okay.

History was pretty entertaining.
Vidya Game Design was okay
Lunch was just me being miserable as always
Chemistry was okay
English was pretty entertaining
After school I watched people do parkour

For me:

Computer Science was good.
Robotics was good.
Lunch was good talking about Microsoft’s purchase of Minecraft
I fell asleep in Biology and nobody noticed.
I had a quiz in math.
Then I came here.

Here’s me doing my duty today:

Managed to sneak a quick pic in class :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Here’s my self-MOC too. I’ve had him for a long time, just never posted him.

5 Likes

You guys are lucky - I have barely any pieces that would fit my character :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I guess I should get back to my writing of The Chronicles of Fa. I’ll post the parts I wrote after I’m done.

EDIT: Here’s the part of the chapter.

Tagah had given us a new way of recording dates, ever since he told us about the Great Cataclysm. So now, he estimated that we live around 5 AGC, meaning five years After Great Cataclysm. It’s made chronicling easier, and the time is much more accurate.

However, we only made one calender out of stone in our village to keep track of time. The Po-Matoran carvers noted how hard it was to make such an intricate calender with small writing and having limited supplies of boulders without destroying the beautiful rock formations in Po-Karhi. As such, only one was made.

It was pretty hard adjusting to the new calender. The original one we had marked the move from Cartrax to Karhi Nui, but the calender was still being made, and the months where a bit off. Thankfully, since Tagah has been here, he has helped organize the way we do things around here, along with the Turaga giving guidance.

When the calender was made, the Turaga decided to add a few holidays: Naming Day, which was a universal Matoran holiday, and then three days dedicated to The Three Virtues: Unity Day, Duty Day, and Destiny Day. The Turaga then helped us establish rules about the celebration of the three new holidays.

Unity Day, we would celebrate our unity by gathering around the center of our territory and having a huge celebration, with music, food, games, and other enjoyable activities. Duty Day would be the day we take pride on our work by showing off our good deeds and appreciating the work of others. Finally, Destiny Day was the greatest day. On this day, the Matoran would create great images of potential destinies, like the revival of the Great Spirit, becoming a Toa-Hero, or doing something to affect things in the future. It was the most exiting of them all, since it made the Matoran have higher hopes for tomorrow.

The Turaga seemed to enjoy the Matoran having a bit of happiness in their day. I would not blame them… We seem to work constantly, and it seemed to be getting us down. The Toa also celebrated the day, but also oversaw the Matoran to make sure none of them did anything crazy. It was, overall, a wonderful event. But Naming Day and the Three Virtues days where our only holidays we celebrated on the island. I sometimes wonder why we never celebrated the victorious days the Turaga originally had as the Toa Cartrax. Maybe the Turaga are hiding something…

2 Likes

did my duty today by trying to host a stream and stuff and things

10 Likes

SPOILERS c’mon

As it is still Duty Day for me at the moment. I have done what I can to finish what I considered something of a duty. I finished writing up the first episode of a new parody fanfic:
The Walking Constraction

It’s a bit of a stretch for an actual duty, but hey, it’s a contribution nonetheless. Enjoy! Here’s to a great Duty Day, and for an awesome Destiny Day tomorrow! Onward!
-Oonie

It’s all of our duty to go on over real quick and vote in the Destiny Day Image Contest real quick to pick a Destiny Day poster!

A day late, but it’s also my Duty to point out that the TTV figures that represent and are to be praised while celebrating the day are @Venom and @Eljay

1 Like

Not a fan of his lacking real armor in the legs. They would look a bit better with Inika thighs than whatever he has right now. Aside form that, he seems a rather bland character – white, silver, grey and black, with no attempted layering, doesn’t do much to tell me that he’s a unique character, which as your selfMOC (I presume he is) he ought to have.

1 Like

whoops, i thought i posted this earlier but I guess not…

It’s a day late, but I’m celebrating my duty today by tutoring my fellow students at my college! Go duty!

1 Like

Alright, so I thought that in preparation for Duty Day tomorrow, I could get the ball rolling now.

I had an idea where we could each just take a picture of us doing our duty, like at work, or at school, or helping someone out, and post it here. (You don’t have to show your face) I thought this’d be both cool and appropriate, seeing as how I’m doing a community service project tomorrow.

I will definitely post a picture or two, so I encourage you all to post a picture of you doing your duty!

I like it, we can definitely do this tomorrow, though I’ll probably have some of the other ideas too.

We’ll probably have an independent Duty Day topic though.