Empress Tuyet

This is my mostly complete Tuyet. Note that I intend to use KhingK’s mask, the current mask is a placeholder.

Let me know if you think blue or gunmetal would work better for the mask!

I based her look around a Roman Emperor, her weapon the approximate size of a gladius and chest armor reminiscent of an Emperor’s cuirass.

She has shoulder articulation not hindered by the shoulder pieces.

She actually has a working gear system that includes friction, not in ant conventional manner; and stresses no pieces.

It utilizes a pin internally to slow down the gear function, allowing posability while retaining gear function. This may depend on the friction of your pieces, but for my parts it works without flaw.

So gear function is there, plus good posability.

32 Likes

oh neat
The colorscheme of gunmetal and metru blue works pretty well.

2 Likes

The colour scheme is nice. the hands are a bit simple, but they work. my main gripe is that the model doesn’t look particularly feminine. i know, it’s hard to make a moc that’s clearly female without pulling a Roodaka on us, but maybe try making the shoulders more narrow?

1 Like

Nah thats not gonna happen. I want Tuyet to have an imposing presence and am personally not one that thinks every female has to look narrow and tiny.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

Thats a good point to get in the open though, I’d be willing to have that be one of the points I’d lose on if people want her to be thin and overly shaped

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of Gunmetal Tuyet in general, but I really like this build. The armour looks really solid, especially in the shoulder/chest region. I also like the way that all of the gunmetal seems to be “connected” (except for the feet).

I greatly prefer the gunmetal mask for this MOC over blue:

I find that her eyes “pop” a bit more, and it adds to the gunmetal block on her torso.

To that effect, have you considered making the feet blue, and keeping all the gunmetal in that one block? I, personally, think that would look a lot better.

1 Like

The blocking I’m open to.

I’m very nervous about the mask painting part.

(I love that render you made btw, I’m terrible with stud.io)

@TheJerminator if not gunmetal for this build, what would you have? Silver?

3 Likes

this looks familiar
lookin good, that custom mask will definitely look a lot better once/if you get it

1 Like

Its been ordered. Just painting it will be the tricky part

Personally I think a blue mask would look a better. A gunmetal mask might make it so that there’s too much gunmetal. Additionally, it could take away from the “Roman Emperor” since Roman emperors are more commonly depicted without a helmet.

Anyway, you’ve heard most of my thoughts on the moc before, so I won’t repeat myself here. Still looks good!

3 Likes

Pretty simple, but it has a neat silhouette and color scheme.

1 Like

I’m glad you think so. I wanted her to be similar to Lhikan but different enough. I didn’t want to have her design overpower his by an insane degree.

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 10.36.10 PM
Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 10.38.31 PM

6 Likes

clean edit
nice

1 Like

Oh they both look nice… hmm. Hard decisions

2 Likes

I would go with blue mask and blue feet. It would avoid her looking too much like a Hagah. I like the gunmetal armor, though, it’s more unique than silver. A shade of gold could work, too, of you have all the parts in that color.

2 Likes

I can already hear the complaints about it being confusing with Psionics

2 Likes

Eh, Jovan and Krakua can be confused for earth, and Hahli Inika can be confused for lightning. To some it may matter, I suppose, but in-universe, it doesn’t seem a big deal.

1 Like

To a lot of people it matters a great deal. Did you miss this portion on the Hagah debates? Dark times my friend

3 Likes