Empress Tuyet

I do like how well the chest armor and should armor flow, that works really well.

2 Likes

The more I look at this, the more I am absolutely convinced the mask needs to be gunmetal xD

The chestplate and shoulders already flow so so well together, I think the mask would complete the look by invoking an image of a helmet.

2 Likes

personally I like the metru blue mask better

1 Like

Oh, I was there, but again, even if, say, a golden Kualus had won, it wouldn’t actually disrupt canon in any way. If the main goal is giving this the best shot in the eventual canon contest, then sure, keep it gunmetal or silver, but just for its own sake, I think the model would look best in gold. It would also add to the Roman emperor vibe.

I feel like golden armor personally would’ve been stand out significant enough that if it had been worn, it would have been mentioned in the story

2 Likes

The same could be said for Kualus’s scarf, since clothing is very rare in the MU. But here we are.

I don’t think Lhikan’s golden armor was ever mentioned, either.

(Nothing against the scarf, though, it looks really good.)

2 Likes

Just because it happened elsewhere doesn’t mean its necessarily a freedom I am eager to try on my own attempt at a different character

Also the medium of Lhikan’s origin didn’t make it relevant to mention his appearance, because we were looking at him.

I don’t think I would vote a golden Tuyet either.
I think that while Tuyet had a sense of self importance, it wasn’t the key defining factor of her role. I think a twisted perception of duty was more of my interpretation

3 Likes

I love your solution to the friction problem, Ill have to try that sometime! I personally prefer the blue mask, as the gunmetal just adds to the already large block of gunmetal in the torso/shoulders, and I honestly think that (from the front) there isnt a whole lot of metru blue already.

definitely like your approach to Tuyet, well done

4 Likes

Shoddily painted mask added.
New sword, lots of inspiration from @Rukah on it
New shoulder design as well. Kept my internal friction system but went with a more standard metru orientation mod. Not the biggest fan of that mod though, as it still causes some parts to bend kinda wonky when using the shoulder.
May switch the shoulders back. Would love some feedback on which looked better new vs old

6 Likes

ooh very nice

neat
I can see where you got it from

1 Like

honestly i think i prefer the old shoulders, they just flow better and look better
to me.

3 Likes

7 Likes

The cylinders popping out of the new design look really cool, especially with the different angles that they’re at.

Though I also agree that the old design flows better.

Could you maybe combine them, so that the armour is attached using the old method, but still features the cylindrical designs?

2 Likes

Hows this?

6 Likes

Ooh, that looks interesting. I’d experiment with different arrangements (e.g. asymmetry, shorter cylinders, third cylinder attached to the open pinhole, etc…)

1 Like

That looks pretty cool.

I think it would look even cooler if you could find a way to attach a third cylinder to the actual arm piece, so that it sticks out at a different angle to the top two.

2 Likes

Hmm I’m blanking on what sort of piece would allow that. I’ll have to see if I can come up with anything

I don’t know what your collection is like, but you could look into something like this (and maybe find a way to slim it down a bit):

I can’t comment on how it would affect poseability, though.

1 Like

I am lacking the parts in the right colors for that unfortunately. I think it may also add some chunkiness that I am trying to slim down.

Here is Tuyet next to Lhikan. Unfortunately I don’t have Lhikan’s weapons.

I think they accomplish the goal of looking like team members while also being distinct from seperate regions

I also really liked @ToaVictor ’s Nidhiki and think it’d look great with these three in a line-up.

Added more paint to the mask and modified the sword

7 Likes

I really prefer the original shoulders without the tubing poking out. Just looks out of place imo. I also preferred the original sword over the newer one. Mask looks great and I love this Tuyet! Definitely one of my top 3.
(I’d also reconsider the gunmetal feet)

1 Like