End of the Gilded Age: A Superhero RP (Sign-Up and Discussion Topic)

But isn’t there still some suspension of disbelief to be had?

It wasn’t having one, it’s having one replace his hand.

Again, you know me. I love figuring how things would work.

Hey, I’m ok with it.

Both characters are approved.

1 Like

Name: unknown
Alias: Gideon Gold, ‘Invincible Man’
Sex: Male
Home: Multiple port cities in Virginia
Physical Features: Gideon Gold is bulky with wide shoulders, a slightly short stature, a long, wide-jawed face, dark brown short-cut hair, and tiny, squinting eyes. Clean-shaven and usually sporting a thin-lipped slight scowl, like a statue, although he smiles often.
Appearance: 5’11", the perfect size to be a rough-and-tumble mobster or a bouncer. His skin is a brilliant gold at all times, only ever looking caucasian with a soft tan when Gideon is making an effort to. Wears a fedora and a loose-fitting sportcoat under a brown trenchcoat. Black tapdancing shoes, which he has experience with.
Accessories: Brown trenchcoat, containing multiple pockets for money, scraps of metal or busted machinery parts, and saltwater taffy, of which he seems to never run out of.
Personality: Gideon Gold is a calculating, cautious individual, bred by streetfights and shady underworld entanglements. He’s not cold, however - in spite of his usually irritable appearance, Gideon speaks with an elegant smoothness in his tongue and is very friendly in private. Not wanting to cause a scene, Gideon tries to intimidate or talk his way out of most situations.
Equipment and Gadgets: None
Power and/or abilities: Gideon is a skilled tapdancer, talented singer, boxing prizefighter, mobster, street fighter, showman, entertainer extraordinaire - and the ‘invincible man’. His body is coloured the same colour as that ever-precious metal, gold. The significance of this, aside from being very flashy and reflective, grants Gideon increased durability to a superhuman degree. Anywhere his skin covers, he is bulletproof and highly resistant to pain. He can take cannonballs fired at point-blank range much like a Frank “Cannonball” Richards would do shortly after. However, he isn’t Superman - hit him with a cannonball and he will go flying. His body still has to deal with the recoil of whatever he is hit by, and he is not bulletproof in the eyes or mouth. But as long as there are no-good troublemakers about, the Invinvible Man will be there to give them the ol’ one-two!!
Origin Story: Gideon Gold created his new identity thanks to his superpower - he was a scientist attempting to create a brand-new gas powered engine for use in U.S. Steel manufacturing processes - punching metal by machines using gasoline. The engine, which exploded, doused him in gasoline mixed with gold dust, and the resulting effect was his skin taking on a new, golden appearance, and his body becoming insanely durable. Gideon, 43 at the time, decided it would be better if he ditched his previous identity, and dramatically faked his death in a boat fire, allowing the Mr. Gideon Gold to begin making his way to new york, unsure what to do with his future life.

My two main inspirations were glamorized fictional characters during and after WWII, and of course, Frank Richards - the man with the iron-clad stomach who really could take a cannonball point-blank. Besides, I have too many innocent/crowdpleasing or gruff veteran characters, and I need a breath of fresh air. He’s… The Invincible Man!

2 Likes

This also sounds super fun and fits that vaudiville tone. Accepted.

1 Like

Swapped the positions of fedora and sportcoat because that didn’t make grammatical sense.

Also for the people viewing this 134 times: Join,it’s gonna be fun

2 Likes

all of my ideas have either already been done or only work in a pvp setting

It’s OK to do something unoriginal. You can make it original with how you act and play.

2 Likes

Quick question; when in 1908 does this take place?

Here’s a character sheet I made:
-Name: Hedvig Windshire
-Alias: The no horse man
-Sex: male
-Home: Missisippi
-Physical Features: He’s rather lengthy and have a bit of a bearbelly, he has a long beard. His hair color is dark chocalate brown and he has a somewhat cyan eye color.
-Appearance: He sports a brown vest with a worn white ■■■■■ underneath, blue pants with your typical cowboy boots and a belt around his waist. On his head he sports a cowboy hat and train engeenering googles
-Accessories: a necklace with a picture of his family which he considers a lucky emblem, a notepad and a poketwatch.
-Personality: Hedvig is a bit of an Alcholic and have maniacal tendencies yet his very playful and has it very easy to comunicate and socialize with others. However he has a reputation as a hillbilly.
-Equipment and Gadgets: Two revolvers, a pickaxe, other mining equipment, and a bag to carry necessities.
-Power and/or abilities: He can run as fast as a horse. Hence the name: “The no horse man”
-Origin story: Hedvig as a kid, was always faster than the most other kids being able to compete with professional athletes at the age of 8. Thusly he has been considered something of a wonder child and gotten the most attention from his parents. At the age of 25 he got a job as a train engineer and has now been in the buisness for about 8 years. During his work as a train engineer he has been praised by his coworkers for his speed. 2 years ago he quit his position looking for adventure and to see the world. Since then he has traveled the country helping towns along his travels while adventuring and seeing the world.

1 Like

Been thinking of maybe the summer. I’m trying to research rn.

dang it

Is this everyone? If so, Ima start the game now.

Right when i’m about to head to bed. Figures.

Apologies. Wanted to give a few days to get everyone situated.

1 Like

Eh. It’ll be fine.

Well that was a fun first round of combat. Didn’t intend for Dowell to get shot, but I prefer my enemies thinking on the spot like you guys. So that happened, unfortunately!

Also that dynamite idea was great.

1 Like

Hedvigs gotta do what Hedvigs gotta do when he surrounded by peeps with guns.

1 Like

I’m quickly realizing how OP perfect aim is.

2 Likes

It certainly is. Hence why I limited it to one power. I did have you miss a few shots, but overall you got most of them. I still enjoyed that, it’s so rare to have gun fights in an RP since so many are fantasy.

1 Like