EP 128: Var's Frustration with PoF's Leg Design

Yeah that’s what I did as well. Though that doesn’t fix the criticism of the actual set though, since you have to outsource your own parts to fix him.

3 Likes

Right. Yah, fair enough.

3 Likes

The Protector of Ice and Fire arms are monstrous.

And whats wrong with PoW?

4 Likes

I completely agree with this.

The arms have no real armor outside the turbines, and it gives a really spindly look in the limbs.

2 Likes

The only thing I hated about the PoF was the legs I think if given larger thighs that complemented his stature as a protector then proportionally he’d be a good set. Its just so frustrating that it had the potetional for good legs and we got the ‘short end of the stick’

What bone pieces would you rather they used for his legs?

Probably, a slightly longer one, this way it would balance out the proportions and maybe put those short thighs onto the arms as forearms.

The problem is, were the designers to use this bone piece, the legs would look extremely skinny and scrawny. In other words, we can’t really win. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ah ok, I see what you mean. yah that was the piece I was thinking of. I mean a number of other things could have been done to fix the protectors body proportions, but given the time lego had its understandable that the pieces would seem lanky.

Yup. I think the designers did a mighty fine job with these G2 sets. Of course they had to make compromises, but that’s part of the fun of LEGO. :smile:

1 Like

How about Friction joints?

Even NickonAquaMagna pointed this out

Friction adders wouldn’t do anything to get rid of axle in the middle of the piece. This is easily enough to fix with a System tire, but that technique is, alas, illegal. :confused:

Nickon made a lot of good points. Heck, his reviews are the reason I finally decided to buy the sets. BTW, I reccomend you link to the video at the appropriate timestamp. It’d help to prove your point. :smiley:

2 Likes

Not really much helpful except for the Toa for this reboot. How do you reply to two posts?

No, what I meant was: Why not add Friction joints to the 3M joint? I’ve used them for my Self-MoC as an alternative to the norm, and they work out wondrously!

2 Likes

That’s a very good idea. However, I think it comes down to one factor: budget. All the Protector sets were finely balanced. The reason why PoF and PoI don’t have forearms is due to budget restrictions. So I think two more friction adders would be out-of-the-question.

1 Like

Well, I think it would be better to turn PoF’s weapons into flamethrowers. That was how I thought about budget fixes.
In the meantime, didn’t… i forgot what I was going to say. I’m sorry. :sleepy:

1 Like

It’s alright man. It happens to the best of us. :smiley:

If I ever get him, I’ll probably just make him the staff he has in the animations. Much better IMO.

How would that be illegal? hides Moc with system tires on arms in the closet I don’t think it stresses any parts.

1 Like