Favorite Battle Vehicle Set?

Here’s the quote

3 Likes

just remembered this bad boy

7 Likes

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bad

6 Likes

I was going to say, without question, the Skopio XV-1. And I probably will still say that one, because it’s a tank, walker, and creature all in one, with a scorpion motif. Basically everything I could have wanted.

But I do have a soft spot for the smaller guys. Vultraz’s Skyfighter and the Cendox V1 are both ones I enjoyed. While I didn’t find the Skopio’s large size to be cumbersome in play or use, the smaller guys are much easier and more fun to handle.

Though that tends to be my MO on sets in general, regardless of the theme. I love the small and large sets and everything else in-between is meh to alright. The Kaxium V3 was too awkward, Baranus V7 was only good as a display piece (which was fine, since I primarily displayed sets rather than played with them even as a kid), and the primary 2008 ships didn’t have the best ease of firing their launchers or sat well in displays.

3 Likes

I had implied the yellow Jetrax was my favorite and it is visually, but honestly I’d want Lesovikk’s Sled more than any other Bionicle vehicle

3 Likes

The sled sadly kinda sucks, the landing gear on mine isn’t strong enough to actually hold it up

3 Likes

The only Bionicle vehicle I have is the Ussanui

It’s pretty cool despite being used for all of 30 seconds in the story

3 Likes

Might be an age thing? When I got it new back in 07 it was solid

3 Likes

I only built it this year :confused:

It’s not like the joints would be worn out or anything because the landing gear doesn’t use any, just loose Technic bits held together with those flexible tube things

3 Likes

So the tubes aren’t strong enough

3 Likes

But that’s the thing, the tubes are plenty strong enough. They don’t slip out of the pieces they’re attached to, in fact there are absolutely no changes visible after picking it up.

Here’s what it should be doing:

And here’s what it is doing. I legitimately can’t tell what the issue is

3 Likes

Maybe check the instructions to make sure it’s built right? idk

3 Likes

I’ve done that multiple times

3 Likes

You’re missing pieces. There’s no way those flexible tubes could ever support the weight of the vehicle. There should be Technic pins or some other hardstop somewhere to limit the rotation of the blades.

EDIT:
Sea Sled Hardstop

7 Likes

Can’t believe I never noticed that, thank you

5 Likes

Can’t believe Mono was throwing public shade on my beloved Sled when it did nothing wrong. I’ll never recover

6 Likes

I agree with this, my favorite too : )

5 Likes

Welcome to the boards, new guy!

3 Likes

Thanks, I just joined today. Just so you know i used to be joeyc5034.
(I might have got the 3 and the 4 mixed up)

3 Likes

I want to be contrary and say the Hero Factory Recon Dropship :moyai:
Has multiple functions, cool decals and details like controls in the cockpit as well as an affordable size and fun colour scheme.

Out of Bionicle itself, I’d say the Jetrax looks cool from what I’ve seen, love the folding wings reminiscent of a carrier fighter. Having a copy of the Rockoh T-3 though, I must say it is also really cool and a nice all-rounder.
Wow I didn’t commit to one choice oops

9 Likes