Feedback Request 2: Toa Yahru lower body

Hey guys,

It’s been a while since I did this. I have been struggling with the build for Toa Yahru. Especially with the lower half.

I have struggled with finding something thin enough to give Yahru a wide range of motion without getting too bulky or thin.

I needed to find a compromise between the two, as well as something that can allow Yahru to bend his knees. Which made the only option as far as I know being the Inika lower legs. And they are stable and flexible enough to give Yahru a balanced Martial Arts vibe. At least to my knowledge.

I also went with a modified Inika thigh design because it gives Yahru’s upper legs a wider range of motion, flexibility and stability.

But I digress, anyways I’ll need something to give Yahru a fast yet strong vibe since he’s balanced. So feedback is necessary. What do you like & what would you change?

Design 2

9 Likes

Very nice!

Hmm, let’s see.
The second one I think looks and fits his overall design better, even if it does look a bit bulkier than you’d like.
The first one is more of an all speed part, and I also think it wouldn’t look to good from the side.
I’d definitely prefer design 2, but you might want to shave off a bit or redesign it to be a bit thinner while keeping the overall appearance.

1 Like

Ahh, I really appreciate that. Yeah, shaving off a bit would be good, maybe also adding splashes of colors here or there to give it a sleeker look.

Edit 10/27/2020: Here is the updated version of him: