Fictional Monsters

ehhh why not be general?

Since it’s October at the time of this post, why not talk about the creepy, destructive, Overpowered or cute monsters in different franchises

3 Likes

Cthulhu and his sons are always fun for people with morbid senses of humor, like me.

1 Like

May the great one rest beneath the waves in the city of nightmares, city of R’lyeh.

Anyhow - Speaking of monsters, The Fly always terrified me.
WARNING: Nightmare fuel.

1 Like

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/3/32/Wendigo1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120213141914

Luvs the wendigo.

1 Like

Feeling’s mutual.

Quetzalcoatl.

Frankenstein’s creature, & Kaiju :slight_smile:

Well lets see theres
Graboids

The blob

The Thing

The Alien (just in case someone points it out xenomorph is not its name. The name xenomorph was never officially assigned to the creature it was just a term used in the second movie and it stuck)

1 Like

Would he even be considered a monster? I’m pretty sure he’s a god/deity.

Wampa

Godzilla (Gojira)

Xenomorph

2 Likes

He’s a snakebird.

1 Like

Oh yeah…

1 Like

killer keemstar

2 Likes

Stale memes
/s?

The puppets from Lazytown. I refused to watch the show as a kid because of them.

4 Likes

All of the things.

5 Likes

It’s a category 5

6 Likes

For some reason I really like monsters. It’s my favorite type of horror. Jump scares are dumb, but a really awesome looking monster fascinates me. Especially transformations. I love seeing someone turn into a monster. It’s so scary and yet I can’t get enough of the weirdness.

I like creating my own monsters, too.

3 Likes

Best thing ive heard all day. Although they can be used effectively im mainly looking at the vent scene from the original alien. The problem with jump scares is that nobody understands suspense anymore and if they do understand it they never use it effectively.

2 Likes

Pretty much. They’re a dumb gimmick nowadays.

2 Likes

I believe if you want a creepy and skin crawling monster, you can either make them tragic or give them a creep/gross out factor high enough. Or make them the most evil or deplorable, but I’m unfortunately more of the forgiving and redemption fellows. Ofcourse a good heartless, instinctive killing machine that needs absolute oblivion and causes much destruction will be devastating

2 Likes