First And Latest Bionicle Sets

Mine almost was visorak boggarak, but it ended up being hewkii inika. Lewa phantoka was the one set that after seing his name and having bought the first three bionicle issues, understanding that the original toa that I had admired for so long had made a triumphant return got me into the story. (This happened in late 07)

My very first set was bought for me because I saw Pahrak-Kal on a shelf and demanded to have it. I unfortunately lost the krana, but Iā€™ve still got the set. I followed the story ever since then.

The first set I kept was Matau Metru. However, in 2003 somebody bought a Pahrak-Kal set for me, and my parents decided to return it (Back then, they thought Bionicle looked evil and didnā€™t want me getting into it, lol).

2 Likes

I bought Onua and Kopaka Mata the day they were put on the shelf.

It might have been the McDonaldā€™s Matoran but I donā€™t really remember. The first one I got which got me into Bionicle was Turahk.

Rorzakh, the almighty black vahki in 2004 at Chuck E. Cheeseā€™sā€¦ then I got Tahnok, Lehvak Kal, Kohrak, and Gahlok at a garage sale in 2011 (for a relatively cheap price, might I add, but they were all taken apart and stuffed into Lehvak Kalā€™s canister. Also, Tahnok and Gahlok were missing their shields. Then, in late 2012, TTV actually got me into the story. ~ 2 years later, I got all the Toa Mata, all the Bohrok, and a few mask packs.

2 Likes

My cousins gave me Kohrak for my 4th birthday.

He was my first bionicle and he is still in one piece (never taken him apart)

1 Like

My first Bionicle was 8532 Onua, back in 2001 when they still had ā€œLego Technicā€ on the canisters. Iā€™ve been a fan ever since!

Tahu Nuva

First Bionicle I ever got was Kopaka Mata. Though I had most of the Slizers(throwbots) and Roboriders before that.

Pohatu nuva(lost the mask) one of the borhok canā€™t remember which. Then I obsessed with matoran I missed one(jaller) I recently ordered one after 6-7 years of searching and waiting for it to arrive.

My first set, or sets, was 2008 Toa Pohatu and Photok. I bought two of both: one for my friendā€™s birthday in February, and one for me. My wallet has hated me ever since xD

1 Like

Jala, Onepu, and Huki

The black Rahkshi: Vorahk

I believe my first set was actually rahkshi Lerahk.

1 Like

Gali Mata. It came with a poster of her. Which is on my wall.

Tahu Mata :ā€™) and from then iā€™ve bought all sets until 2010ā€¦aaaah,nostalgia.

My first set was Vakama Metru, though I sold him several years ago during a period when I didnā€™t care about the sets much.

I never really got the impression that any single year or set of years was more influential than the others. The line was definitely sold better in the early years, but even in 2009, supposedly several years after it had reached its peak, most of my friends were still following the story and buying the sets. Even though that might have been a rare sight by that point, it was still a popular line when I was in fifth grade in 2009, and that had been seven years after its all-time peak in regards to sales in 2002.

my first was the Balta Matoran and back then I loved it,
and my second was another matoran out of that line.

Hey! Vakama was my first set too!

2 Likes