Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

“I do too.”

Not bothering to look back, Halmos exited the lighthouse property and made a beeline for the feeding center.

Now THAT was a bit of a kneejerk reaction. Why exactly did I say that?

“I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m going with the Vahki.”

The Vahki said nothing more, and immediately begins walking in the direction of ko-metru, it head held a bit low. After it put a 30 or so yards between them, it shifted to four legs.

Pakiki sighs in frustration.

“Splitting up is the last thing we need. If we’re going to survive this apocalypse, we’ve got to stick together. We’ve lost three valuable members of the team, and while we can’t trust some of them, they’ve proven themselves to capable warriors.”

Pakiki nervously paces around the room, wondering what to do next.

With his mind scrambled after Halmos and the Vahki’s exchange, the Ta-Matoran freezes, trying to think straight.

“That guy’s right, we should stick together. If only there was something… just something… to keep us all together! Then again, we can’t really trust that thing… right? But if we lose that, we lose a valuable line of defense. But if we follow the robot, we’d abandon everyone else at the feeding center, and who knows what’ll happen to them. Maybe they’ll be fine, or… or maybe they’ll be ripped to shreds!” He starts smacking his head repeatedly, each strike faster than the last.

“AAAHHHH!!! WHY DIDN’T I STAY ASLEEP UNTIL THIS WHOLE MESS WAS OVER!!!” He rushes out of the lighthouse and chases after the Vahki.

1 Like

“I will come with you” says derk he glances and kibal “will you come?” he asks kibal nodes in reply, derk runs up to the group with kibal close behind slightly limping, derk catch’s up with the Vahki “er isn’t ko Metru a little ever far? We will have to go through the main areas of the island, unless we go along the shoreline, which will take ever to long to get there”

2 Likes

Vergil doesn’t notice any creatures, but in a more panicked state, the dull light and shadows can make anyone do double takes. Though as she goes, some of the webs within eyeshot start vibrating from movement. Shaking that became more obvious to Halmos as he caught up to her. But the two are able to make it to the center without encountering monsters yet.

@Kirathel @Ghid

Unlike those going to the feeding center however, the path the Vahki was taking was more treacherous. The streets were pitted and upheaved uneven and the webs hardly present around the lighthouse were starting to grow thick. Their shoots where spun up seemingly everywhere and would soon significantly slow their travel if they wished to not get caught.

Many of the webs start lightly moving, though ones a couple streets ahead of them where much more active.

@ProfSrlojohn @1000Purse30 @Eilrach

The Vahki noticed the movement in the webs, a warning triggered by years of experience in avoiding the Visorak. It turns, moving towards the strands with the least vibration.

Vergil balks several times, at one point scurrying away from a web that’s still three yards away to resume running at the center from a slightly different angle. But still, she does press on.

At one point she finally notices Halmos following. She doesn’t say anything, only jerk her head to indicate the center in front of them.
The Ga-Matoran continues on, making it into the center and immediately heading for the central building. She stops only to turn back to Halmos and wave him toward the building, before ducking inside herself.

Once she heads inside Vergil takes stock of the building, speaking toward the ceiling in a pinched whisper. “Lync? Le-Matoran? Are you somewhere around here?”

@Ghid
@rainsong

1 Like

“Oh, thank Mata Nui it’s you.” Lync hops down in front of them, a disc in one hand. “Glad you said something; dunno if you would’ve gotten wings or become a goopy mess.” She spins the disc in her hands, glancing behind Vergil outside. “Any idea what that whole song and dance was a few minutes ago? Or are we all in the dark here?”

1 Like

“Well, it’s not exactly well-lit.” Halmos muttered, stumbling inside and stopping when he sees the disc. “The Vahki was offended that we aren’t running immediately to the complete opposite side of the island and has abandoned us. I thought I heard the irritating one who tried to shoot me earlier say he was going to follow it, but walking might be tricky for him for a while.”

He shrugged. “As for the light show, I missed most of it. But I’m going to wager that if the… Whatever weren’t on our trail before, they are now.”

“Ha ha.” Lync rolls her eyes.

“Wait, there was a Vahki? Huh, glad I wasn’t there. Where was he going? I need to know not to go there.”

“Ko-Metru?” Halmos said. “I didn’t pay much attention because I was busying threatening to gut his skull. Regardless, if my limited memory serves, Ko-Metru is cold, so that’s enough reason for me.”

Halmos looked around. “So, how much stuff is here? How long can it theoretically last us? No, scratch. How long can it realistically last?” He walked further into the building and waited for his eyes to adjust.

“Don’t go to Ko-Metru, got it.” Lync reinforces the sentiment with a nod. "No big loss; the cold always bothered me, anyways.

“Well, there’s good news and bad news. Good news? We have a recharging station, plenty of harnesses and looks like juice to last more than the near future. There’s also way more Kanoka than I have any hope of using any time soon, unless I have to fight an army. I also found this thing, but who knows what it is.” She pulls the strange broken tool, waving it in the air.

“But the bad news? This place is no fortress. It’s hardly a hidey-hole. It’s a big, public building, open far all to access. We’d need to close off way too many doors for this place to even start being safe, and that’s assuming nothing breaks down a wall.” She grimaces. “This place probably won’t last.”

“The lighthouse was the same but smaller,” Vergil says dully, glancing at the broken tool. “Only need to hide until the…”

“…the things outside, pass.”

She glances back outside.
“Others might follow. Or they might go with the…Vahki.”

OOC:

you should die for your crimes

IC:

“The Karz is a recharging station?”

“…The Karz does ‘Karz’ mean?”

Halmos frowned. “And the station doesn’t exactly look portable.” He sighed. “Well we can’t stay here and I don’t know if we can bring everything portable with us. Anyone want to volunteer getting everyone else over here?”

OOC: Oh, I am acutely aware. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lync shrugs. "Dunno, but it’s fun to say.

“Not it,” Lync says. “If they want to they’ll come; no protodermis off my mask if they follow the Vahki. You’re right, though - this thing isn’t coming with us. When we have to run, we’ll have to find another one.”

“That’s the hopeful way to look at it. Maybe you’re right.” Lync doesn’t look convinced.

“You know, maybe it’s, uh… not too late to head to the feeding center. Leaving the others was probably the last thing we should have done”

As the group proceeds, the Ta-matoran grows more and more anxious

The Vahki stopped, not realizing it had been followed. It raised itself to two legs, spinning around on its waist.

It stood for several seconds, it’s clockwork brain working through calculations and recognitions.

“It is too late to attempt to find them. We must leave this are immediately, lest we find ourselves trapped by the Visorak. We could return to investigate later however, this is not the time. I doubt they wish our help anyway.” The last sentance was with what could be considered bitterness if it wasn’t from a machine.

“I hope you were programmed with at least a little bit of honesty,” he says.