Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

“This unit is incapable of falsehood.” It stated simply, before continuing on its previous path.

The area with the least vibration did seem to be safe, but it was soon becoming apparent that these where no spiders coming towards them. Webs start moving erratically, several snapping with a whip crack as the beasts started to come into view. Kavinika - Hordika Kavinika - several packs of them rushing in to find what they can eat for the sun was distracted. Several howl as they spot the Vahki and Matoran, letting their siblings know the hunt is on.

@ProfSrlojohn @Eilrach @1000Purse30

Vergil, Halmos, and Lync can all hear the guttural howling of the wolves. It sounded like they were coming close, but were from south of their position. Any of them looking out towards the north can still see webs moving in the distance, but there wasn’t anything visible yet.

@Kirathel @Ghid @rainsong

For those Matoran who still remain at or by the lighthouse, they also hear these howls. The ones at the top of the lighthouse have a better view than most and can see the pack of mutants heading for the Vahki and few Matoran. Though north to both the lighthouse and feeding center there was something else coming. It was difficult to make them out because they were small, both in size and number. Whatever they were, it was causing some of those web strands to move.

The waters churn by the lighthouse shore, but nothing comes out of it yet. Seems the other creatures were trying to determine how much it would be worth coming out after what happened to the Keras.

@Cordax @Atobe_Brick @Keplers @Spawner

1 Like

The vahki wasted no time launching blasts from it’s staves. The surge that caused the slowing of the Vahki’s speech centers giving it impressive destructive force. Those in the range of the shots but not the blast, would be thoroughly confused and disoriented.

“Go! Run, get to the feeding center and inform the other citizens of the oncoming horde! Waste no time!” It ordered, before refocusing on the oncoming horde.

Pakiki, who is still in the lighthouse sees and hears the rahi. Turning to his companions,
"Those look like some kind of Kavinika. According to my rahi guide book, due to their sharp claws, they can climb buildings. This lighthouse isn’t going to protect us.

I’m going to go to that strange building (pointing to the feeding center), since the Matoran who went there seem to be good fighters."

Pakiki starts to make his way down the lighthouse, but then has an idea. Turning to the Matoran corpse by the central controls, he says

“My friends, help me push this body out of the window. It could distract the kavinika pack for a few moments!”

“Ok fine.” Says Weldvo. “Just help me carry the rest of these shields and spears into that building after we drop the body. And are you sure that doing so wouldn’t alert them to us, of which does not have any armed robots at their side? Wouldn’t it be better to dump the body into the water?”

He drops his extra items and runs toward the body, and starts to push it.

The Ta-matoran darts for the feeding center. He tries to keep an eye on the other two, worried about what’s to come.

Vergil, looking incredibly uncomfortable, takes another look outside, trying to see where everyone is. A moment passes.
She stands against a wall and sinks to the floor, looking toward any close by holes in the building. She still has the single spear, the knife, and the weird baton thing she woke up with, but against the horrible sound it feels inadequate.

“Kav…inika,” Vergil mutters after a moment. “They sound…hungry.”

1 Like

Pakiki looked out the window, and observed the beasts getting closer and closer. Turning back to Weldvo,
“Maybe your right. We might now have time, anyway.”
Pakiki uses a scalpel to scrape off some loose flesh from the Matoran corpse (just in case), puts some of Weldvo’s spare weapons into his satchel, and runs out of the lighthouse, sword and shield in hand.

2 Likes

“Oh. Great.” Lync shakes her head. “That sounds like a problem.” She looks up at the recharging stations. “Should I stay or should I go…” She flips her disc in her hand. “Don’t know about you guys, but I’d rather have room to move.” She starts moving for the door, looking for a direction with a minimum of ominous sounds.

Weldvo groans as he drags the corpse to a window over the water. Then then heaves the body over a window that is above the water, swiftly running back to the center to pick up his other items and the remaining weapons and shields before heading out of the lighthouse.

Noticing the moving webs, derk calls out to kibal “Hey kibal! you need to go to the ‘feeding centre’ with the others I will go warn/tell the other back at the light house, I will meet you guys at the centre, now run/go!” Kibal runs of in the direction of the feeding center, whilst derk run back up the hill towards the lighthouse

2 Likes

The Vahki manages to strike at least one of the Kavinika, causing it to collapse with a mighty whelp as two more duplicated from its corpse. Though these wolves were not confused, they had encountered a Vahki here and there before, it just meant they had to move faster. With most of their attention on the Vahki, they quickly swarm over to it. Some quickly spin around, tossing their Rhotuka spinners at the machine, only slowing their charge by a mere second.

But one pack does stray from the others, heading towards the lighthouse to snag easy meat. Provided they aren’t shot, they will soon be upon it. Pakiki and Weldvo can make it safely to the feeding center. However, Kanaku, Derk, and Kibal could possibly be overrun/pounced by the wolves before they make it to their location.

@ProfSrlojohn @1000Purse30 @Eilrach @Atobe_Brick @Spawner

The minimum ominous sounds would be towards the east at the moment, further into the city. Not to say there were no noises or bad smells that way, but in comparison it was the quietest.
@rainsong

1 Like

The Vahki wastes no time in converting to 4 legged mode, and running away from the feeding center, attempting to draw the pack away. Occasionally, it would turn it’s head around to launch a lvl5 freeze or teleport disc at the wolves, hoping to slow the group down, or outrun them. Wolves may be endurance hunters, but Vahki never tire.

OOC: I’m just going to assume that I’m with Derk, Kibal, and kanaku.

IC:
Voyo realises what is happening and dashes out the door to the feeding center, and the wolves see him. they start chasing Voyo, but he maintains a distance away from them.

OOC derk is running back to the lighthouse

IC “hewlp! Pwease! I whave a imp and I cwarnt run vewy fast!” Kibal yells out to the others who are quickly getting distance between him and them. Derk runs at a speed he would call “fast” towards the kavinika and pulls out one of his weakness disks , he jumps and throws it through the air, it collides with the kavinika and it crumbles to the ground, the disk comes back to derks hand and he continues to “run” up to the lighthouse.

2 Likes

Realizing he couldn’t reach the feeding center before the kavinika caught him, the Ta-matoran makes a turn for the lighthouse. Upon dashing through the enterance, he wheezes for air as his backpack took a heavy toll on his endurance. “I knew… that… was a bad idea…” He falls face flat, hoping to take a quick break.

Voyo feels an extra burst of speed and successfully makes it to the feeding center, and shuts the door so that none of the knakivina can get in. “Whew! That was close! Wait, THERE ARE STILL SOME MATORAN OUT THERE!”

Stupid. Glared Halmos. There’s no door; what the heck is he doing?

“You can stop pressing down against the open air, brakas.” Halmos snarled. “Or if you want to be the first target for those monsters, by all means continue to lock a door that doesn’t exist.”

Brakas. Honestly I have no idea how these words are entering my vocabulary, but they feel so natural.

“On second thought, brakas, make sure everyone gets here safe.” Halmos began, grabbing armfulls of whatever supplies or discs he could find and moving in Lync’s direction. “Nobody left behind and all that.”

“Hey, don’t call me that uh, hot- head! Also, how do you want me to make people get in here safe, teleport them here?”

@Ghid

“You’ve got legs.” Halmos snapped. “Use them.”