Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

The Vahki wasted no time in launching a teleport disk in the air, (lvl 6) and letting it fall back down upon itself.

Lync surveys the skyline, taking note of what she can. She can’t help but shudder at the spiders at the feeding center; looked like running had been the right call.

Going back was a no-go then, unless they wanted to become Rahi feed. The chute was a no for her as well - she already disliked the cramped tubes, and given the state of the city it was more likely to be a death trap than anything else. She couldn’t say she liked the south much either. Even if the Coliseum itself had potential to provide any number of things, the ruins between here and there looked ominous enough to make the point moot.

That left the island in the distance. It could hold anything… or absolutely nothing. To be honest, though, she didn’t care. The geography was enough to make it enticing, even if the place was just an empty dome. Combine that with how terrible her other options looked, and well…

“Thanks for making the choice easy, apocalypse,” she mutters.

Lync springs down from her perch, bouncing and sliding along buildings to slow her fall. She alights near the group, dusting herself off.

“There’s an island out east,” she says. “If we can make it there, we can probably defend it. The trick is not dying before we get there.” She flashes a smirk and heads off to the east, disc in hand.

@Kirathel @Ghid @Spawner @Atobe_Brick

1 Like

Vergil jumps a bit (at the sudden arrival of Lync) but quickly regains herself. “Island, east?”

She glances east, apparently seeing nothing. “You saw it from up there? How far? What did it look like?”

Vergil glances back toward the center and then hurriedly back at Lync.

1 Like

Lync pauses, twirling her disc.

“It was a dome-shaped, and a good ways out. Look, it isn’t close, but trust me when I say that the other options make this look like a cakewalk.”

Vergil glances back at the center and even more quickly back at Lync. She then looks back toward Halmos, Weldvo, and Pakiki.
“Less of us now,” she remarks, not able to bring herself to look back at the center. The sounds are awful enough.

“No one else made it?”

@Ghid
@Atobe_Brick
@Spawner

1 Like

Despite not being able to see it, Pakiki looked foward to visiting the island, and was curious to see what the group would find there.

However, Vergil’s comment reminded him of his missing compatriots,
“Maybe they’re still fighting… we could still save them!” He exclaims.

The disk is not interrupted, the Vahki can appear near the lighthouse or feeding center if it so chooses. Or another location roughly within that range.

HELP! Voyo screams, pulling out his empty kanaka launcher, forgetting that there’s nothing in it.

Tar’s mind was flooded by the sudden turn of events, one moment he was holding off the Kavinika before he became its chew toy, and then BANG! Next thing he knew, the feral beast was on the ground. He took a second to recollect what had just happened before turning his head to the one who saved him. His eyes were wide open as he couldn’t believe what stood before him, a pink matoran.

“Ah, there’s nothing in here!” Voyo realizes “HELP!”

It reappears between the two buildings, to get a good assessment of the situation.

Halmos promptly dropped half of the supplies in his arms. “I’m not being a pack Rahi all the way there,” He huffed. “Someone can help split the burden or gamble that these unlabeled boxes and canisters I have are all rations.”

Halmos glanced to the feeding center, for a small moment having a happy vision of Voyo being torn to pieces by mutant wolves. Then a much worse thought of him being mutated into an evil super-Matoran and hunting them all down.

“Those who can come will come.” Halmos grumbled. “Sympathies or not, I’m not walking back in there if the Turaga himself was in there.”

He turned, began walking east, then abruptly stopped and looked back at the group.

“…The Karz is a Turaga?”

4 Likes

The Vahki finds what was described in the other sections. It can see some of the Rahi have gotten into the lighthouse - Matoran screams and Kanoka being fired can be heard in the building. Towards the feeding center, mutant hounds were dishing it out with mutant wolves. Though one of them manage to get to a Matoran, who was crying for help.

With its current position however, it couldn’t see the lone Visorak on the feeding center.

“NOO! HELP!” Voyo screams as the Rahi lunges at him.

The Vahki flung a teleport disk at the Matoran being dragged away by the hound, it didn’t really care which, it was only level 3 and either option would work effectively.

“Well if that is that case…” Said Weldvo, as he takes two of the shields that he was carrying and practically forces them into the hands of Lync and Halmos, “Take these, please. I don’t want them to get be left in my bag the entire trip.”

“And uh, was there anything useful in that building that we just left, something that I could have a look at?”

1 Like

OOC:

Nuh uh, buddy. Let the GM decide that.

IC:

“Probably.” Halmos mumbled, begrudgingly sliding the shield over his arm. “We can always come back after the giant pack of murder Rahi has left. Preferably a few years after.”

“Heh…” Lync tries a fake smile, pushing the shield away. “Thanks, but it seems… heavy…”

“Oh!” She brightens up, ignoring the shield. “There was one thing, actually.” She pulls out the strange, broken handle that she had found in the feeding center, displaying it for Weldvo to see. “I found this in the Kanoka back there. Can’t make heads or tails of it myself, was hoping maybe one of you guys would know what to do with it.”

1 Like

Vergil flips her shield sideways and piles some of the supplies on top of it. She stows the dagger in part of her metallic cape, glowering at the loose spear for a while before wedging it between some of the supplies.

“Will carry this for now. Efficient but not reactive.”

She pauses, avidly not looking back. “Saw something. But back in the center. Can’t go back for it now.”

@Spawner

1 Like

“Hmmm… Was it specifically connected to anything in particular, like some sort of device?” Said Weldvo, taking the handle from Lync’s hand. He eyes down the handle carefully, trying to identify it.

“Wait hold on, what did you see back there? Because if it looked important I might be tempted to go back and get it.”