Found In Webs: Sign up/Discussion Topic (CLOSED)

Perfect. Let’s hope Lync keeps having good aim. :stuck_out_tongue:

Question and a comment, first the question are rhotuka powers reversible? And the comment is about dis: “discs bounce back to their throwers” memory (and after consulting the 2005 encyclopaedia) each disk of each Metru has its own power Le Metru flys further, ga Metru is guided by throwers thoughts ect ect but the one Metru one say it “always returns to thrower IF diverted from course” so I am pretty sure that one is the only one that comes but back to you, but that is just the way I see it
( the quote thing wasn’t working so that’s the reason why its the way it is)

1 Like

That depends on the Rhotuka power in question. There are things, like the Mask of Mutation, which could potentially reverse the affects of a Rhotuka that’s more alteration based. Some alteration Rhotuka only affect for a limited time and wear off. If you’re wondering about the one afflicting Voyo, that remains to be seen.

As for the Kanoka, yes, different Metru give different benefits. However, the main usage of Kanoka we get is in MNOG. We do see it used in comics and movies, but not quite as in full affect. And in MNOG, the disks bounce back when they strike their target. This might be due to them being made of bamboo. Though there is some inferred evidence that this also happens in Metru Nui and with the launchers, but no direct ones that I can think of at the moment.

Regardless though, for sake of the game it will bounce back. Think of it being a greater reward. If you hit, your target not only takes the affects of the disk but you also get your ammo back. If you miss, you not only fail to damage the target but also lose the disk. And besides, even if they return from successful strikes, they do wear out from repeated use. They’ll only be good for so many strikes.

3 Likes

Just wondering did anyone here build or base their characters off a moc?

2 Likes

I don’t have a MOC of this version of Lync, but she’s a recurring character of mine. I have… three versions of her, I think? One of them is a G2 villager, which is what the character was originally based on, one is a winged Toa of Air, and one is a Toa of Psionics.

Nope, definitely not mine

1 Like

@Atobe_Brick If Pakiki still wants to help Voyo with his predicament, I would do so soon.

Yeah, if not, either Voyo is gonna die, or I’m going to make him die because moaning in agony for the entire thing won’t be fun.

Oh, I thought I’d been helping Voyo for a while now, but I guess it wasn’t my turn to do something.

You started helping him. I described Voyo’s situation a bit more and what your character could do to help reverse the damage, but you haven’t done anything further since. So from my point of view, Pakiki had just stopped trying after the initial attempt.

So do I get the disc back? :thinking:

I didn’t say in post, so up to you.

1 Like

Just wondering what type of Rahi just died and is being cut up?

1 Like

That’s the Keras. It was a big ol’ crab that got mutated by the Visorak, then mutated again when Lync hit it with a Reconstitutes at Random disc at it to have wings and stuff. I guess Spawner’s proto drake managed to rip it in half? The lower half got frozen by another disc from Lync, and the upper half was intact enough for Vergil to harvest the launcher from it.

1 Like

BlueJay’s answer is correct and it did cut it in half. If you would like to learn more about the normal Keras, it can be found here:

Addressing Edit:

@Cordax Hey Cordax, could you explain how your character dodged the disk? Simply saying he just dodged doesn’t give much information, it provides no method or current location. I’ll give you this chance to edit and explain how it happened.

Though how you’re back up in the lighthouse also confuses me. Voyo was planted in the ground outside, presumably enough so he couldn’t move. No-one let him out, you didn’t state he dug himself out, he just suddenly is back at the top of the lighthouse talking to people. Just note for that next time to include something saying how he gets there and how he overhears this, etc.

2 Likes

Lync: whistles as she explores another building by herself

5 Likes

Juliana: Cautiously creeps out from behind rubble

1 Like

Name: Gatora
Species: Matoran
Element: Water
Kanohi: Kau Kau with a breathing filter and HUD
Appearance: Small little pink matoran.
Powers and Weapons: Kanoka Launcher and a whittled Rahi bone knife.
Personality: Gatora is an angry atheist. She views people who believe in the Great Spirit as fools, as the Great Spirit clearly didn’t do anything. All was done by the Makuta, and there was no Great Spirit to be in sight. Therefore everyone around her is clearly mentally challenged.
Background: She was an outcast because of her social disposition. Gatora quickly built up her own little science study with the goal of eventually killing a Makuta. She built multiple weapons which she hid in the basement of her house before she was kidnapped during the Great Cataclysm. None of these weapons were actually of the correct power level to take out a Makuta, but they could easily decimate a Vahki.

2 Likes

Wow, an atheist matoran, that’s something I haven’t seen before!

Keith, why are you like this.

2 Likes