From a Distant Past... (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

Fantastic work! Made a render of your Gaaki.

11 Likes

That a very good entry for second part of this canon contest, I even can separate it parts into several different independent images(I like Kualus most). Besides I just like the movie rahkshi style and this Awesome Gaaki mask (for me it combine wisdom and belligerence). You got my voice. But I think, that for some part of people who will vote, such a vertical image can become problem, I think you may make it little bit longer horizontally?

Norik

5 Likes

Reaaally good stuff here, I’m a big fan of all the choices made with this piece.
The main piece is really well laid-out, love the ominous green background with the attacking rahkshi, and the idea of having iruini distanced on big Bomonga’s shoulder and diminished Norik to keep them out of focus is very clever.
Really like your choices for the colors as well, I think they work very well for each character and make them distinct while somehow cohesive. I was secretly hoping someone would try metallic purple for Bomonga, but seeing this I think green’s a good choice; it’s brighter and more distinct, and sells the earth element very well. Also, Gaaki’s new mask looks great, very nicely done.
Definitely a big favorite for me, you’re looking to go far man!

2 Likes

tiny norik!
ITS TOO CUTE

3 Likes

For me this is the best art so far!

1 Like

I truly hope this artwork becomes canon and wins. Both images are perfection!

1 Like

I love this and love the 1/1/1/1/1/1 but I feel like the only thing it’s missing is a different mask for pouks, I like the Kakama but we’ve had enough “brown” sets with a Kakama. I feel like a more unique mask would make him stand out more

3 Likes

To be fair, Galva did design that mask so I understand why they’d want it to be canonized but I do understand where you’re coming from

I think this Kakama from Galva’s Champions mask pack look enough good on this charecter from begining, mach part of entries in 2 part of canon contest didn’t change it, at least not as often as gaaki’s mask.?

2 Likes

Every color unique and the art nails the Metru Nui Saga’s set design looks. I say I say this one is a keeper.

1 Like

Here is Gaaki’s printed mask from Galva, just maded, and it as good as I expected, and even if it, for some reason, will not become canon, I can use it for Tuyet, it have pritty agressive look.

4 Likes

I will use it (for Tuyet) especially if this Entry wins.

1 Like

This looks great. Two things bother me though, first is that the mask looks a little too big and the paint is too thick.

Gaaki: I can’t believe Tuyet was a matoran murderer. Not based + unfollow + ratio.

1 Like

not so quite, proportionally on body it looks normal, and i’m not painted it yet, it is color of plastik. I will not use it (for Tuyet) if this Entry wins, because she (Tuyet) must have her own unic mask?yes?

2 Likes

Not fond of the green Bomonga. But I really wish you good luck. It looks like you have great chances to win this time, gonna vote for you anyways despite not liking earthy guy!

1 Like

As I can see it Bomonga isn’t green, it is light gold like at Brutaka, no?

I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be green

It is green, this pic pretty much proves it

1 Like

I could see someone thinking it was gold if they were like, legitimately red-green color blind lol

I guess it’s a little harder to tell in the submission image since the whole scene is covered in green mist anyways.

1 Like

Well, gaaki’s mask shape would be an unknown power, so it could be the mask of intangibility.

3 Likes