Fullmetal Alchemist

It wasn’t much better. It was slightly better. Slightly.

SAO < SAO 2 < FMA < FMAB

5 Likes

I didn’t watch Brotherhood yet but ok.

1 Like

Brotherhood is much more faithful to the manga, which honestly has the better story.

It even fixes the animation issues @king328 is complaining about.

Watching it on BluRay is marvelous.

3 Likes

I wish Amazon didn’t jack up the prices of the second half up to $100.

I mean it’s still $50 on Funi’s website.

3 Likes

I ended up getting the 5th season for my birthday and it was around $40-$50

I really need to watch this, and I have quite a bit of time to blow this summer.

1 Like

So I just noticed something. I only watched Brotherhood until recently, I’m almost done with the 2003 series and Hoenheim has finally shown up and I noticed his voice sounded really familiar. I then realized it was Tahu from Mask of Light. That was very odd.

1 Like

I think you have some mobile-idtis affecting your typing.

But yes. It’s an odd connection.

That’s…
Wow.
How have I not heard that before.
That’s interesting.

1 Like

I also finished FMA 2003 the other night, and I have to say I quite liked it. I still think that Brotherhood is the better series, but I do like the concepts and idea’s the 2003 series tackles, so I’d say it’s also worth a watch. The main reason I don’t consider it has great as Brotherhood (and Brotherhood is my all time favorite anime if no one knew that), is because they’re occasionally things in the plot that don’t really make a lot of sense or seem to be vague. I’ve heard people argue that the 2003 series is more mature than Brotherhood and while I can see why some people would say that since the later episodes are a bit more depressing (especially the ending), I wouldn’t say the 2003 series is darker or more mature than Brotherhood; they both kind of have different moments of darkness spread throughout but it’s kind of spread outa little differently. But that’s basically how I feel about the whole Fullmetal Alchemist vs Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood conversation.

2 Likes

FMA is the Zack Snyder of the two series. It has some interesting concepts but not all of them are executed properly.

1 Like

But unlike Zack Synder’s stuff it’s actually watchable

4 Likes

Very true.

Man of Steel was good despite it’s problems, BvS was just meh from what I know. FMA 2003 actually succeeded in most (not all) of what it wanted to accomplish. So it’s better than Zack Snyder.

1 Like

FMA had a decent amount of plot holes though.

FMA Brotherhood Scar’s appearance < FMA Scar’s appearance. I don’t know, I just don’t really like his wide face in Brotherhood after seeing FMA (even though I did get used to it).

I watched Brotherhood recently (Thanks @Toa_Ketros) And it is easily my favorite show, I loved most all of it, and I have yet to shake it off.

I need to watch the 2003 version in a few years.

3 Likes

So I just found out FMA and FMA:B are no longer on netflix and that kinda ticks me off

2 Likes

what?!?!?!

yeah and get this. Sacred Star of Milos is still there. You just cant click on it

1 Like