G2 rumor in 2010?

I remember in 2010, discussing the discontinuation of bionicle; I mentioned that it was rumored to be coming back in 2015, but I have no idea where I might have heard such a rumor. Might anyone remember a rumor from 2010 about bionicle being back in 2015, or did my younger self just make up that rumor out of desperation?

3 Likes

I’ve got no idea, but it may be just old memories getting mixed and jumbled together, creating an amalgamation of two memories. Or, it may be what you said, but the mixing of memories may’ve been what happened.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s not an amalgam of memories or anything; I have a pretty clear recollection of saying it.
Although there is a small chance I guess, but I don’t think so.

3 Likes

Oh, then I’m unsure about the rumor of the possibility of you making up up way back when.

2 Likes

I do not remember it specifically being rumored to return in 2015, but I do remember that it was alluded to return at some point. One example I recall and could find was on BZ Power:

BZPower: An Important Announcement Regarding Bionicle - Sept 29, 2009

I remember reading lots of things like “Although there presently are no plans for more sets, the BIONICLE story is not ending” and “…the six BIONICLE Stars launching in January will be the last BIONICLE sets for the foreseeable future” back in the day. Whether it was this same letter or not, I do not remember.

2 Likes

A lot of people expected BIONICLE to return after a few years; five or ten years were common intervals. Ergo, 2015 and 2020 were the most predicted dates for it to reasonably return within any given development pipeline.

4 Likes

The story not ending part was because at the time Greg was going to keep doing serials, and more Graphic Novels was also a possibility depending on the sales of previous ones.

3 Likes

Yeah as @Wolk said the story not ending was Greg saying he would continue to write stuff. whatever happened to that?

I think @Mesonak probably figured it out. Thanks, that’s been bugging me for a while.

3 Likes

There’s a new rumor about it returning in 2025. Apparently Bionicle can only debut in years divisible by 5.

7 Likes

Positive those are false.

4 Likes