G3 Toa Kaita Poll

To reiterate the opinion I gave in my first post:

1 Like

I don’t necessarily agree, I think that would only apply if we were using Constraction. No one expects Minifigs to actually combine.

Minifigs can’t combine, so neither can the characters.

1 Like

You can mix their torsos? I guess…

The characters could still combine to form Mixel built titans. Or we could introduce new minifigures for them. Or we conceptually create a new mold, kind of like the Axel figs. Or we just use the term Kaita to refer to a similar concept.

Those seem to be the most likely options.

4 Likes

so I made a topic to go with this one

Feels like cheating, the kaita don’t transfer to system well and there’s nothing stopping you from dropping them or using their names elsewhere, you’ve been doing it for everything else.

I don’t really think it’s cheating. It’s just another thing they’re adapting for the system change. It’d be like saying it’s cheating to not give the Toa elbow articulation just because they’re minifigures now.

1 Like

How is that an equivalent?

Because it’s a restriction system has that they’ve chosen to work with.

1 Like

The kaita are a concept that doesn’t need to be included, minifigs not having elbow articulation is a design limitation that’s unavoidable. They aren’t equivalent.

Though I will concede they aren’t exactly equivalent, they briefly tossed around the idea of specialized minifigures a while back but chose to use the standard ones instead. But that doesn’t mean they intended on dropping the concept of elbow articulation. It’s just another limitation we have to work around. And if they can’t find a good solution, there will be no Kaita. But I think they should at least try.

Make them like Steven Universe fusions. Heck, thats sorta like they were in 2001 before SU, just expand uppon it with various combinations and body shapes (fusions with woody legs, some with four arms, some with three arms, some are huge groot size…)

Each kaita fusion would have a mixed color scheme of all the toa fused. Their abilities and weapons would also be a mix of both.

@TeslaEffect Continuing from that other topic, the Steven Universe comparison doesn’t quite work in Bionicle’s universe because then there has to be a reason for them to combine, or it just seems like a random additional power that doesn’t have a lot of place in the story. I think including them as a set-only thing could be cool though.

Reason to combine: More powerful and different element combinations. A reason can always be found, its just if it will work or not with the story they want to convey or will just add in more complexity thats not needed to already jumbled thematic full thing. Its their choice anyways.

They could be minifigure size, they could be xonstructible brick figs…or we can use this to have the Kaita as constractible ultra builds and have ultra builds be part of the story as titan colossus things.

well, if this has devolve into spitballing kaita ideas, then i got one stupid one:

Large-scale, brickbuilt, combining figures.

like, Ant Man-style figures, but with a transformation aspect to them.

i dunno, it was a thought. a thought i put way too much time into, since i’ve already thought out the transformations.

1 Like

Different element combinations and more power sounds cool and everything, but the issue still stands that it kind of boils down to a pointless power thats existence doesn’t work. I just can’t think of a reason for the toa to combine. Assuming a reason could be found, you’d still have to figure out whether he/she would be a whole different being or some weird thing controlled by all the toa at once.

I can also say the same thing about the Nuva power ups. Kaita fusion would be another method to prolong the lines existence thats not an unfamiliar thing for Bionicle. The artificial power scaling is a trope lego uses constantly for their, to put it bluntly, shonen like lines.

Maybe it can be a post 3 years thing. Dumber reasons in other Lego lines have been made in the past, specially in long lasting lines like Bionicle and Ninjago.

I don’t really see how this would prolong the lines existence from a story perspective. Again i’m fine with them being in the sets as a cool special feature but I don’t see that on its own being something that can make Bionicle last longer.

This kind of gives more reason to say no to this. If it’s a dumb idea then it’s be best to avoid it all together, even if it’s “less” dumb.

Hard to argue against the idea if the company just wants you to do more from the line despite if you clearly have a definitive end for it. Backups for potential expansions is a given, even TTV has some story ideas already for the 3+ plan.

Kaita at the end of the day if there is no way to include it in the 3 year story plan, there is room for it for the years beyond the initial three. As a backup idea when other ideas were used for the initial 3 years.