Gali Nuva

Imgur

The water Toa Gali is the only female among the six Toa.
Although young, Gali is extremely wise. The Tohunga believe she is the sustainer of life, and worship her more than any of the others.

Gali makes her home in the waters of Lake Naho, where she
can swim and move quickly among the icy waterfalls plunging to its surface. Her hook-like hands enable Gali to pull herself to safety or keep a steady grip on slippery surfaces. She’s also extremely agile and swift, with incredible jumping abilities and a unique form of acrobatic self-defense. The only thing that slows Gali down is excessively hot and dry conditions.

More Photos

I had the most trouble deciding how Gali Nuva should look. Eventually I settled on this mechanical Creature from the Black Lagoon idea after considering using the inverted Hahli Inika mask technique. Gali may be my least favorite of the series but I’m still rather pleased with how she turned out.

Happy 20th anniversary, Bionicle!

28 Likes

Very nice.
That sure is a creative use of the spring loaded shooter element.
Also I like the Elda’s inclusion.

2 Likes

mom come pick me up i’m scared

3 Likes

I have no idea how you managed to invert the elda, or why it works so well for the kaukau nuva.

5 Likes

Can’t say I came up with the idea. I picked it up from Jayfa who said he got it from Leonid An. Took some effort to invert it but it looks great. Maybe even better than the real Elda…

5 Likes

to be honest, she’s my least favorite so far, as well. It’s a good moc, but I feel like it’s missing the abstract and alien look of the three you posted before.

indeed! For a second I actually thought they had melted down a kaukau. I’m very curious as to what the other Inika masks would look like inverted.

3 Likes

The inverted Elda somehow looks more cursed than the regular Elda, I wouldn’t have thought that was possible.

2 Likes

The mask is obviously awesome, but I do agree with @Atobe_Brick , she just looks a little more generic, especially in the legs imo. Though that’s not to say she isn’t a great moc overall, nice job.

1 Like

@Atobe_Brick @TheMOCingbird
Gali was one of the first ones I had built. I think the second or third. I recall thinking I needed to go even further from then on so that might explain a few things lol

2 Likes