Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension

I am so glad that I am not alone in this world.
I have most, if not all, of the sets that made it to retail before cancellation. The set I actually like is the TDN Module. That ship is just too cool, and it can fit a Bionicle figure. It’s actually okay for MOCing.

2 Likes

Question: why is Galidor viewed so negatively? What was wrong about it?

2 Likes

Late 90s cheesiness

VERY low budget

General genericness

5 Likes

Incompatibility with other Lego products.

And many times it didn’t look like Lego.

4 Likes

I actually liked Galidor; it had that certain charm.
Hey- maybe if Lego could use more CCBS in the Galidor figures, and give it a better, kinda “rebooted” story, it might be popular today, unlike then.

But yeah: Galidor wasn’t that bad. Only the sets sucked.

2 Likes

I’m pleased to see that ol’ Bluetooth is still discoverable. *shot for terrible pun*

But yeah, GALIDOR. LEGO’s best original sci-fi run featuring humans… until The LEGO Movie came out 11 years afterward. The McDonald’s toys were pretty okay- not quite McToran good, but I did manage to collect them all sans Jens. It’s been many annual purges since then and all that remains is Gorm’s head on Euripides’s torso wearing Nick’s gray jeans, but whatever. I was there, maaaan.

Been thinking about picking the actual sets up sometime. They’re still pretty cheap online, plus I want to see if they’re compatible with Hasbro’s “Hero Mashers” line. Gorm mixed with Darth Vader has some serious potential.

5 Likes

I watched the first episode a while ago.

It was verrrryyyyy 90’s. Everything was dated, from the colors, to the effects, to the acting. It honestly seemed like a parody of something, rather then a actual show.

2 Likes

Ah yes, Galidor, I still have the mini promotional comic. It’s gotta be worth like what $400 by now? No refunds!

10 Likes

Welcome to the Galidor Goldmine, skrubs.

1 Like

I remember watching Galidor way back in the day, but I was so young that I had no idea what I was watching and barely remember anything about it other than “there was this guy who looked like a cross between Darth Vader and Emperor Zurg.” Heck, I didn’t even know that they were LEGO products until years later. It’s so odd to think that LEGO made them, but I guess that was the point at the time.

I’ve seen it crop up on tumblr a few times and it reminds me of my Power Rangers and Goosebumps days. It’s just… so cheesy and absurd that you just can’t help but to laugh at it. One of these days I’ll have to track down all the episodes marathon it. It’s one of those so-bad-it’s-good kind of shows.

1 Like

I kinda want the red bug guy from galidor he looks cool

1 Like

You mean @Oonie?

@Risebell wow

11 Likes

Galidor reboot confirmed.

3 Likes

when you find out Galidor is coming back

10 Likes

Watched the show over this Summer. It wasn’t that bad, but it actually made me thankful for Journey to One. The characters are rather weak, and it ends awkwardly. Also, it annoys me that the Stranger is actually alive, as his death was one of the best scenes in the series. Also, the series is SO 2000s.

2 Likes

I went back to watch it and honestly it’s not that bad, surprisingly. Sure, the first few episodes were cheesy as heck, but near the end potential really shined, like the episode “The Room With No View” (or no windows).

Oh, and I really want the TDN Module and the Oonie

1 Like

You called? XD

6 Likes

Who says you can’t build anything creative with Galidor parts?

concieved by Grayson Moses

Also relevant

GREG WHY

13 Likes

Can anyone tell me what the heck this is and if it was ever even released?

5 Likes