Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension

That would be 8322: Makarr. It never had an official release.

7 Likes

That’s not Makarr, that’s MaBike…
:grin:

8 Likes

THAT is Jawblade meets Destral Cycle.

Do want. Do very much want.

5 Likes

I wasn’t here --Jogn

No problem. I was wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: --Azani

Guess what I found.

3 Likes

Are you sure that Nick head with arm-legs isn’t something from Sid’s bedroom? lol

2 Likes

You clearly have never seen this.

Credit to (drumroll please) Grayson Moses.

3 Likes

Well hey, it’s really cool to see my stuff getting spread around here too!

I legitimately enjoyed the TV series when I first watched it a couple of years back. Campy, low-budget sci-fi that knows not to take itself too seriously is some of my favorite stuff to watch. I also grew up with the GBA game and had a lot of fun with that.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get many of the sets back when I was younger. The ones I wanted were too expensive, and often times it meant going several months without more Bionicle. So, naturally, I chose to go with Bionicle. I only managed to get Gorm Deluxe when he went on clearance.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching the show and collecting the sets. I’m kinda surprised how well I like the theme. I just have a handful of sets to pick up before I have the whole collection. There are two in particular (Aquart and Tager) that are very rare, and quite expensive. If I can come by them, I might buy them. But, spending $100+ for each would be kinda rough for a broke college student, LOL.

Went on youtube last summer and watched the whole series. This show ranges from really terrible (the clichéd first episode, the final episodes when they introduced Lind, and mr. tager goes to earth, an embarrassingly cheaply done episode) to pretty good (“truth, lies, and videotape”, “just because you’re paranoid”, “frozen feud” and “a tale of two nicks” are all watchable, fun little romps).

1 Like

A Galidor fan got a hold of the unreleased Mokarr set and posted a review!!
Man, am I jealous, haha!
Galidor: Mokarr Review

1 Like

Hello, I am new here and I would like to talk with people who liked the Galidor line as much I did.

What do you like the most about Galidor? Have you read the comics?

1 Like

Have all the released sets sealed and unsealed :laughing: I love them all, and I truly love this theme a lot.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - Sponge Ref

4 Likes

O hecc, that’s some sweet ink there.

Do I have your permission to glinch that arm sometime?

Is that a mechanic in this Universe? It never came up until the 3rd to last episode…

Yeah, it’s a thing Gorm, Nick, and Nick’s Dad can all allegedly do. Copy/borrow some creature or entities’ limbs and use it like it was his own, with all the natural strengths, environmental resistances, mechanical augmentations… and it’s why limb-swapping is the construction focus.

Sorry, that was sarcasm. I knew those three could, with Nick was making up his own superpowers by creating limbs without a character to swap with. No other character in the universe was glinching until the episode with the time loop where Jens and Euripides swapped legs.

1 Like

Ah yes, the bane of my existence…

Written forms are harder. My bad.
I really don’t remember glinching being a thing (and without explanation) until the series was almost finished.

No. “Glinching” is common place in GALIDOR. Anyone can swap limbs with each other, in some instances without the other party even consenting.

What makes Nick so special is that he doesn’t have to swap with anyone. Using his abundant “glinch energy” he can basically change and create new matter from scratch. Nick’s father and Allegra do not have this ability, they’re just normal humans. This is what makes Nick so important to both parties in GALIDOR. It is assumed that this ability was inherited from Nick’s mother, the queen of GALIDOR.

Gorm, on the other hand, has the ability to create illusions. Sometimes these illusions have mass, like some variants of the Boge. I’m not sure if Gorm’s illusion abilities are from the small portion of glinch energy he stole from Nick as an infant or something he could always do.

I admit the show really doesn’t do a good job explaining any of this. Perhaps intentionally to try and hook the audience with intrigue and mystery. I’m still not entirely sure about the order of events prior to Nick’s arrival to the outer dimension.

2 Likes

I’ll admit that it’s been awhile since I watched the show, but as I recall, the fact that anyone can swap limbs wasn’t brought up (or at least, wasn’t shown) until Jens and Euripides swap legs in the time loop episode, near the end of season 1 (and in case anyone doesn’t know, there were two seasons of the show, so this was roughly halfway through the series).

1 Like