Galidor Reboot?

With it mentioned on the ttv podcast it got me thinking, will Lego reboot galidor? If they did what would you want it to be like? If Lego did reboot galidor I would want it to be a constraction line to hold every one over until bionicle is reboot (hopefully)

What are your thoughts?

P.S no idea where this goes so feel free to move it

4 Likes

I feel making a reboot CCBS would make the mist sense but i cant even begin to imagine the new molds and colours they could make

3 Likes

I think it would be interesting to see a system based Galidor line. I actually drew Nick Bluetooth in minifigure form, I think the line would be awesome if done well.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that drawing it was pretty good. Although it is hard to switch parts on Minifigures which is the plot of galidor

1 Like

Yeah that’s true. Maybe they could rework the plot, it didn’t seem that good anyway. :smile:

1 Like

I mean, if they were going to leave out the limb-switching, they may as well just start a new theme, right?

2 Likes

Can we not bring back Galidor at all?

9 Likes

But Chronicler, think of the mocing potential!

4 Likes

But it was so bad that it was good! :joy:
I doubt Lego would do it again though haha.

No pls.

1 Like

Galidor was a licensed theme; in order for Lego to start making their toys again, the original show that the entire line was based off of would need to be rebooted as well, just so they could reacquire the rights to start doing so. And even if that were to happen by some miracle, the theme in general was also considered to be a commercial failure, so it would take another miracle just to convince them that it would be a good investment decision.
In short, it’s probably a safe bet that it’s not going to happen.

2 Likes

The thought of a Galidor reboot is laughable. As @Timageness mentioned, it was a television show and a licensed theme. While licensed themes could potentially be rebooted from a business standard, Galidor was a TV show meaning that would have to be rebooted before Lego could take it on as a theme. Not to mention how Galidor is the laughing stock of Lego fans, as it’s bad rep would definitely deter Lego’s high ups.

3 Likes

:rage:

3 Likes

To be perfectly fair, aside from the limb swapping, the existence of the figures, and memories of watching the show, I honestly don’t even remember anything else about Galidor at all. I wasn’t trying to hate on it or anything like that, but realistically, those are just the odds of a reboot potentially happening for that particular line in general.
I do, however, also remember being a fan of the old Medabots anime, which had a similar gimick that partially inspired my Hero Factory: Contagion storyline project over in Literature. So while an actual reboot may be out of the question, perhaps Lego could whip up a spiritual successor of sorts instead?

2 Likes

That would be nice. But to be honest I only want something constraction for the pieces

1 Like

Lego like duality. They brought back there best theme, now their reviving the worst.

~W12~

2 Likes

Actually no.

The show was based on the toy rather than vise versa.

2 Likes

No, timageness is correct. The sets were based on the show, which wasn’t made by Lego.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that folk at lego ran the story but research does support your side.

That does mean that the common story that Galidor stole from what could have been a Bionicle movie is likely false given that Lego’s involvement is confined to toys rather than a visual media.

First time I’ve ever heard of this.
But yeah, probably false.