Gavan [G3 Self-MOC][Non-Canon]

And those eyebrows…

2 Likes

Ya, it looks really good! Good job, I am using it as inspiration for some art. Thank you!

1 Like

Your welcome.

Yeah, I hired him to make art for Matoran because I’m terrible at art, and I told him he should use this mask, and he accepted it.

1 Like

Oh, Matoran art for what? And one tip, the mouth hole is a tad low so you have too be the mouth down.

1 Like

Well, let’s just say that after my History of Artahka stories are finished, I have plans for the children in the prologue…

Huh, I’m gonna have to check it out.

1 Like

For some reason I started pitying the poor innocent younglings.
Just that way the said it.

You have plans for them, like Makuta has plans for them, or like the elemental gods have plans for those they chose?

Either way, it feels like they are going to be served something. No peaceful lives for them.

1 Like

They’ll be teenagers by then, but you may be right to pity them…

1 Like

I just knew somehow.

Since I feel, like I am hijacking this thread, I have to make one small comment on the mask.
The mouth hole looks too long for the mask. Then again this is mainly an illusion brought forth by the weird long part of the mask. The large indenture on top looks like a nose, giving it a little of a pig face. Not sure how to fix it unfortunately, make it look less deep?

I know that fixing that small issue (in my opinion) will give it more a look of a person wit a long beard. Like the Vakama on the movies.

@SteampunkTahu While I wait on the okay to finish my History of Artahka series, I’m working on my untitled stories with the children in the prologue. As the main character, Kido, is a Nahoan, is it fine if I include Gavan? Just have Kido racing across the docks of the City of Sails, and have a small conversation with the fisherman.

1 Like

So, if this was made into lego form, the mask would block the mask from turning the head, in my drawing, I tried to move it up on the face, but that looked horrible so I drew it the way that you have it. It looks good but it is less convenient.

1 Like

I had always thought that it would be pushed out, and the inside of the mask eould be curved out so they’d have the same range of motion as the second generation Ninjago masks.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister Oh course,feel free to use him. And hey, could you link your prologue, I’m having a hard time finding it.

@odnanref101993 You could try changing the color of bevel, but other than that I’m not sure how to alter it. My main focus was to mirror the real mask, I guess it doesn’t look perfect on a Minifigure.

3 Likes

Here you go History of Artakha: Prologue "The Storyteller"

1 Like

How did you make Gavan? I have seen a lot of different g3 art with the same style and I think that it looks really cool.

1 Like

I copied one of the images to use as a template, then took it into photoshop and edited it to the point I wanted. I also drew the mask on paper, scanned it, and then traced it and filled it in on photoshop.

3 Likes

Do you know how other people did it?

No, sorry, you could ask the original creators.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks.

1 Like

The way I did it was taking the canon Toa design and tracing it in Microsoft Visio. Then just making the Matoran armor more simple like Ven’s Matoran design. For any masks outside of the 6 main masks, I just took the G1 version and tweaked it as I was tracing to get a variation.

2 Likes