Gavan [G3 Self-MOC][Non-Canon]

“Good morning Arbiter.”
“I don’t want to buy any fish right now, I’m busy working, leave me alone please.”
“I’m not here to sell fish, I’m here to talk to you.”
~Gavan to Vani on the first day of their meeting~
Sex: Male
Age (Years 1-3): 22-25
Element: Water
Region: Naho
Attributes (Maximum of 10)
Strength: 7
Toughness: 8
Agility: 7
Mind: 9
Primary Occupation: Fisherman
Secondary Occupation(s): Crab Trapper, Cowrie Shell Gatherer
Tool(s): Fish Bag, Fishing Rod, Bone Knife,
G1 Mask: Huna (Noble.)
Personality: Outgoing, Friendly, Inquisitive, Adventurous
Description: Gavan is a Fisherman in Naho who sports a Blue Huna.
Background: Gavan was born to a Nahoin father and mother in Naho Bay. Growing up, he was the eldest male, yet was always considered less than all his sisters. He was always very friendly, but deeply hurt by his parent’s favoritism. He grew up as a fisherman and never rose above that. While he was fishing one day he was attacked by a vicious mythical creature known as a Tarakava. This made him relatively more cautious than before, represented by the carrying of his knife.
Year 1: He was traveling along the coast searching for Cowrie shells. Because he was suspended in time, he was unaware of the events surrounding the Toa. When he was finally unfrozen, he remained oblivious of the existence of the Toa, spending the rest of the year living out his life in Naho.
Year 2: When the war arose, Gavan sided with the rest of Naho, believing that they should stay removed, yet when Naho was forced into the war, he was reserved to supplying food, and not fighting, though he had no reservations on combat.
Abilities and Traits: Gavan always felt underused, regardless of how much he did enjoy fishing, he believed he could fight quite well, and practiced by himself. He is also quite knowledgeable, just as all Nahoins, with medicine. He was always adventurous and enjoyed exploring the beaches, searching for Cowrie shells and pieces of driftwood. He is on shaky grounds with his sisters, yet is quite close to his youngest sister Vilika.

One final thing, here is my G3 noble Huna, feel free to use it, and/or polish it a tad.

16 Likes

I actually really like that Noble Huna! Looks a lot better than the Mask of Light version

2 Likes

I agree, great work on the mask!

2 Likes

@Bokarda Thank you both.
And accually, the Noble Huna Macku wears in Mol looks really good, but Vakama’s is, um, very interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hate the mouth placement on Vakama’s. The top square looks way too weird.

2 Likes

And those eyebrows…

2 Likes

Ya, it looks really good! Good job, I am using it as inspiration for some art. Thank you!

1 Like

Your welcome.

Yeah, I hired him to make art for Matoran because I’m terrible at art, and I told him he should use this mask, and he accepted it.

1 Like

Oh, Matoran art for what? And one tip, the mouth hole is a tad low so you have too be the mouth down.

1 Like

Well, let’s just say that after my History of Artahka stories are finished, I have plans for the children in the prologue…

Huh, I’m gonna have to check it out.

1 Like

For some reason I started pitying the poor innocent younglings.
Just that way the said it.

You have plans for them, like Makuta has plans for them, or like the elemental gods have plans for those they chose?

Either way, it feels like they are going to be served something. No peaceful lives for them.

1 Like

They’ll be teenagers by then, but you may be right to pity them…

1 Like

I just knew somehow.

Since I feel, like I am hijacking this thread, I have to make one small comment on the mask.
The mouth hole looks too long for the mask. Then again this is mainly an illusion brought forth by the weird long part of the mask. The large indenture on top looks like a nose, giving it a little of a pig face. Not sure how to fix it unfortunately, make it look less deep?

I know that fixing that small issue (in my opinion) will give it more a look of a person wit a long beard. Like the Vakama on the movies.

@SteampunkTahu While I wait on the okay to finish my History of Artahka series, I’m working on my untitled stories with the children in the prologue. As the main character, Kido, is a Nahoan, is it fine if I include Gavan? Just have Kido racing across the docks of the City of Sails, and have a small conversation with the fisherman.

1 Like

So, if this was made into lego form, the mask would block the mask from turning the head, in my drawing, I tried to move it up on the face, but that looked horrible so I drew it the way that you have it. It looks good but it is less convenient.

1 Like

I had always thought that it would be pushed out, and the inside of the mask eould be curved out so they’d have the same range of motion as the second generation Ninjago masks.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister Oh course,feel free to use him. And hey, could you link your prologue, I’m having a hard time finding it.

@odnanref101993 You could try changing the color of bevel, but other than that I’m not sure how to alter it. My main focus was to mirror the real mask, I guess it doesn’t look perfect on a Minifigure.

3 Likes

Here you go History of Artakha: Prologue "The Storyteller"

1 Like

How did you make Gavan? I have seen a lot of different g3 art with the same style and I think that it looks really cool.

1 Like