Golden Skinned Being Inspiration

That’s such a cool concept! It would be so awesome if the GSR was a combiner of those sets. TheShadowedOne1’s take on Lariska is a good example of a combiner moc done well, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3XlTEHVQ6c. I’m surprised I haven’t seen it talked about more.

On a side note, I just realized that, if this did become the canon appearance, it would be the first combiner to include a combiner.

4 Likes

There’s going to be a poll to determine the next contest so there’s a chance the golden-skinned being might not be second to last after all. I personally think he should’ve been the first contest as he would’ve made a better guinea pig than Helryx, but I digress.

Anyways, here’s two MOCs of the golden-skinned being that I really like. 4450’s MOC is a combiner while Maddoc’s MOC takes some liberties. I think the golden skinned being could work with either black, blue, or white accents in order to reflect Irnakk. It would make the 4450’s combiner MOC more feasible and could give room for mocists to take liberties. Black and gold looks good, as shown with Reidak.

Another interpretation I really like is Ayrtom’s drawing. A brickbuilt head would be able to reflect his drawing more effectively than using Irnakk’s spine. I imagine the golden-skinned being with either Irnakk’s spine, a brick built head, or the piece used on Scarox’s face.

Here’s some descriptions of the golden skinned being in canon. While I don’t care for the golden-skinned being as a character, I am interested to see more visual interpretations of the character.

A mixture of a Zyglak, a Vortixx, a Steltian laborer, and the five surviving Piraka, it had been created by the barbaric Skakdi in an elaborate ritual. And now it was free.

Towering 12 feet high, with gleaming golden skin, powerful muscles, and piercing green eyes, it regarded the assembled Skakdi with the benevolent gaze of a creator. Only the vaguely reptilian cast of its face took away from its stunning appearance.

The newcomer was twelve feet tall, with golden skin and rippling muscles. Its eyes and face were vaguely reptilian, and it looked at Annona through the narrow slits of those eyes.

13 Likes

That’s actually a great moc for a combo model !

Interesting… this opens up some fun artistic opportunities! Particle effects anyone?

I’m only interested in this contest because I built a golden dragon head last year and it’s been sitting around on my desk waiting for a nice muscular body.

4 Likes

Yeah the shadowedOne1s is a great YouTube channel with some awesome bionicle movies. For some reason I don’t here much about him from others ether.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome the head is always the hardest part when building a dragon looking moc I find. And if you already got that done might as well go for it. Look forward to seeing it.

2 Likes

Maybe this piece, recolored in gold could be used since it sort of resembles the scales of a reptile.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.46.25 PM

8 Likes

Another thing to consider is that the Being doesn’t really look like a traditional Matoran Universe inhabitant. My interpretation of the description is that it has no obvious mechanical parts, unlike a Toa or Matoran. It is all smooth muscle and skin (protodermic muscle, to be fair, but much closer to a human than a robot).

2 Likes

his muscles are literally as hard as rock

6 Likes

Bufftakha, meet the Golden Skinned Chad

2 Likes

It would be neat if the golden-skinned being and Marendar resembled ancient gods. Perhaps Sobek for the golden-skinned being?

3 Likes

Me personally, I’d rather the GSB have a design more of its own, like some of the builds/pics shown above in this topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

As for Marendar, I think it would be interesting to see designs based on Titanic Transforming Sci-Fi Mechs, like you talked about a couple weeks back:

1 Like

Been a while hasn’t it ? :slight_smile:
This is my GSB moc. I went with an imposing vibe, making use of claw and horn pieces where possible. Of course, who would I be without using the Irnrakk spine? I had a grand time putting this thing together over the course of 5 months haha. If interested you can read about how I see him as a character over on my instagram.

17 Likes

Amazing moc, perfect head, very fluid which is befitting a being with ‘skin’. I must say though that I don’t like the potbelly. I think his legs need to be bigger as well.

4 Likes

I wonder why this topic wasn’t closed like the other canon contest character inspiration topics

That’s a gorgeous MOC

4 Likes

Man nice job incorporating that parrika spine I can never find a good way to use those. Wish I owned the gold one though for my golds skin being moc. Probably have to do with out it though. Most cost a lot on bricklink

4 Likes

Agreed. As a being of fantasy its form can be completely unbound from the ingredients that were used in its creation. It would make sense for it to look more outlandish than what we’re used to, similar to but not quite as extreme as Tren Krom.

As such I’d prefer it if this one was held as a pure Art contest and we skipped the Moc segment entirely.

4 Likes

If I enter the GSB contest (which might be an art-only contest), I see myself creating the character in one of two ways.

1. He is a chaotic amalgamation of parts and features. He is very asymmetrical and monstrous. His very existence brings him pain.

2. He is a being that has reached perfection. He is calm and even. His design is clean and elegant.

How do you see the character?

3 Likes

This way.

3 Likes

I’m now thinking of some Golden dude in a suit now

6 Likes

I see him more like this.

I also see him as looking very organic, with little to no mechanical parts showing. After all, I don’t think any other character was described as having skin.

4 Likes