Golden Skinned Being Inspiration

That’s pretty good.

You can still make out some mechanical details, but you can only do so much with Lego as a whole.

My concern with that one (and pretty much every Golden-Skinned Being MOC I’ve seen) is the face. The Skakdi face doesn’t really seem that reptilian to me.

Besides, Greg has made it clear that the Golden-Skinned Being has nothing to do with Irnakk, and using that piece wouldn’t help.

Good point. I’m interested to see if anyone can pull this off.

6 Likes

Man looking at some of these gold skinned being mocs makes me want to start over my moc entire. Main reason being is that it looks like a black skinned being with gold amour.

3 Likes

I think it is best not to over think it to much and just make him mostly gold as much as possible. Other wise if people over analyze it to much we might end up with the winning moc being blue or pink or something. After that hole hoserex thing Anything could happen.

1 Like

just keep in mind that the GSB contest might be art-only.

1 Like

well we need something in case it isn’t!

1 Like

I can see your point, but an entry that is majority blue with only a bit of gold, isn’t something I’d vote for. But if it had gold underneath some black/grey/silver armour, maybe.

2 Likes

I hope it isn’t

2 Likes

I think that jafa or one of those guys are going to do their magic with flex tubes, exo force arms and tubes and stuff. Result will be something unrecognizable as bionicle yet still be some how. Much like that Kardas dragon revamp they did recently.

4 Likes

Here’s a thought I just had: one of the few descriptors of the Golden Skinned Being is that its face is “vaguely reptilian”. I’ve also seen people describe the Glatorian and Agori’s faces as looking reptilian on account of the slit-looking nostrils.

Could the Golden Skinned Being somehow resemble a Spherus Magnan?

(The fact that he is described as being more muscly and organic also somewhat supports this notion, though this is somewhat undercut by the Golden Skinned Being being nearly twice as tall as the average Glatorian)

4 Likes

gold skinned being is voldemort confirmed?!?

3 Likes

Gasp
s-l500 (1)

5 Likes

If we’re going to go down this “looks like a Spherus Magnan” route, I fully imagine him with long, flowing, golden hair.

(Though I will point out one thing I didn’t know yesterday, which is that Sahmad also described the Golden Skinned being as looking reptilian, particularly in the eyes. It seems unlikely that he would have used such descriptors if the Golden Skinned Being looked like a Spherus Magnan, but I wouldn’t take that as hard proof.)

2 Likes

there’s also a gold hermione

5 Likes

Sorry to revive a random topic but is it me or have a lot of people’s profile pictures disappeared? And Imbedded Photos have broken?

Also, I think my opinions on the GSB have changed a lot since my last comment in here, hopefully the contest is far enough away that my procrastination brain can cook up a drawing or something, just to participate.

4 Likes

I’ve been working on my own design for a bit, but i seem to always get stuck on the headpiece. I didn’t want to just take an Irnaak headpiece, and wanted to incorporate more elements into it.

1 Like