Gravity Hurts Retro Remix Contest!

Yeah but I also can’t edit for my life

2 Likes

I don’t think the majority of entries had any editing to them. I think the only ‘editing’ I did was moving a few sections of the song around and putting some eq/panning on the backing vocals.

5 Likes

Speaking for myself, all I did was (clumsily) fade the audio in and out three times.

3 Likes

And here I present my entry. Took 4 hours so you better appreciate it! :triumph:

10 Likes

I could only listen for so long.

5 Likes

It’s up to you, of course, but do you think there’ll be any more music contests in the future? I’m not very good at making mocs, but playing/writing music is the main thing I do, so I’d love to take part in a contest like this down the road!

4 Likes

I don’t know if this counts or not, considering the focus of the contest is on the remix version of the song?

3 Likes

I assume this means the original is fair game?

1 Like

I stand corrected then

3 Likes

Alright so this is super shoddy since I literally learned about this contest like an hour ago but here’s an attempt at a vocal/guitar cover

10 Likes

Yo this is nice

Not a fan of the extreme panning though.

3 Likes

one of your earbuds is broken isn’t it

1 Like

Nah, I’ve just never been a fan of having an instrument hard left or hard right unless it’s a stereo sound, especially in a minimalist composition like this. Hurts my head a little. It’s why I can’t listen to the Beatles.

5 Likes

Alright that wraps things up, thank you to everyone who submitted an entry! You guys are awesome, and I think I’d be willing to do more music contests in the future considering there would still be interest!

I’ll be going over these with my fellow judges soon, and we’ll post a video about it with our thoughts and results. The winner will probably get a message from us right before the video goes up, so keep an eye on those inboxes for the next week!

17 Likes

I just saw the topic for this today

oof

3 Likes

Regretably, I didn’t get a chance to record an entry, but it was fun listening to the others, and I may make a cover anyway.

I hope you do more, especially for Creeping in my Soul.

3 Likes

Alright guys! Results are in. The winner has been chosen!

It was a tough process, and in the end there was a four-way tie. After a difficult process of elimination, we finally decided on who we felt would be the best choice for this contest.

The winner will be publicly announced soon, either in another post, or in a video if I get it done soon enough.

I can’t put into words how grateful I am to have received all your entries. You guys all did something unique and interesting, and overall it was a ton of fun to hear all the different takes on the song.

11 Likes

Dang I’m so sad I missed this. I’ve just started using TTV and would have loved to have entered

1 Like

Don’t worry! You’ll still have a chance in the future. Plus, don’t let this stop you from creating something, you should totally do it anyway!

On the topic of the contest, I have almost finished working on the video featuring the three TTV judges going over the entries in a podcast format. I do plan to put it out this week, so I would like all who have entered to please let me know if you are comfortable with us sharing your entry on the channel by putting it in the video.

I would like to showcase each entry to provide context for our commentary, show our reactions, and share with viewers, BUT, if you are not that comfortable with sharing your entry with the masses, I can edit out the entry and leave our commentary in its stead.

I plan to release the video this Wednesday, July 22nd, so please let me know before then.

Thank you again, guys. You are all awesome.

9 Likes

Yeah, you can put my entry in the video

2 Likes