Guardian Demons (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Thumbnail

Without background

Introduction

Greetings, you might know me as RedSteel from several Bionicle-related Discord servers I go to. It has been a while since I used TTV message boards.

Originally, I was going to make Bomonga gunmetal (which everyone does), Gaaki pearl white (based on pearl gemstones from the sea), Kualus metal blue (which some Ko-Matorans from MNOG1 and MNOG 2 have blue as secondary colors, including Matoro and Kopeke), and Pouks copper (which is basically metallic brown or bronze in general) to make things interesting. I decided to go against it; I instead go for two gold, two silver, and two gunmetal. I would give three of the Hagah distinctive Kanohi masks from Galva, but I go against it using 2001 Kanohis as placeholders. Also, the three of them originally have custom spearheads that you can 3D print, but I changed them to LEGO official pieces for the spearheads of three of them.

Bomonga

Gaaki

Kualus

Pouks

Stud.io files

Consent

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes

Credits

Stud.io
BioPack
Swamp Kryakwa’s colorpack v1.4 (Renders only)
BIONICLE Liminal Spaces - Album on Imgur (Thumbnail’s background)

Updates

Edit: Configured renders oversight from Bomonga and Gaaki in action.

22 Likes

Very curious about these changes you’ve stated to make. Why exactly did you do that? They seem to be some great ideas, and I am especially in favor of the use of custom modeled spear tips. In addition, your original choice of color scheme is close to spot on to my ideal, with just switching out to give Pouks gunmetal and Bomonga copper. Indeed, this original outlook seems quite intriguing to me. I can understand if you are going for a more puritan route with this, and all the power to you if this is the case. Regardless of this, I wish you good in the competition.

I decided to update my models due to TTV’s rules. The limit of 3D printable parts, concerns about Gaaki’s pearl white armor, and the Kanohi masks rules.

Edit: Fixed grammar errors

These are among my favorites so far! Good luck in the polls!

It should be okay. Pearl white is metallic afaik

Since you’re giving consent to have the masks changed, you can use whichever mask.

Oh I especially love Pouk’s design

1 Like

changing iruni and norik is a bit of a yikes idk. besides the changes from set based shoulder articulation these look great tho especially love the pouks

I only used articulated shoulders for renders.

1 Like

oh yeah i see that now. so would the final canon one be with the set style shoulders most likely?

The models from actual Stud.io files, view images, height charts, and breakdown images have set style shoulders.

1 Like

cool mocs, good luck

1 Like