Guardians of Glory (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Hello everyone-first posting to the message boards and here are my versions of the Hagah.

Kualus

Mask: Noble Komau
Metallic color: Gunmetal
Spear tip: G2 Lewa blade
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes, but it must be a canon kanohi.
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final art if the artist chooses: No

Gaaki

Mask: Great Ruru
Metallic color: Metal blue
Spear tip: Kopaka nuva’s sword
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final art if the artist chooses: Yes, but it must be a canon piece.

I decide to give her a Ruru since the Mahritoran seem to wear kanohi similar to the Hagah (Like Defilak’s green Kualsi) ,and therefore, her kanohi can’t be altered.

Pouks

Mask: Great Huna
Metallic color: Silver
Spear tip: Lava blade
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final art if the artist chooses: Yes, but it must be a canon piece.
Pouks’ mask choice follows the same idea as Gaaki. Otherwise there’s really nothing much to say.

Bomonga (Recolored)@Eljay

Mask: Lhikan’s Great Hau
Metallic color: Dark gold like Iruini
Spear tip: Kurahk staff
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes, but it must be a canon kanohi.
Bomonga is my favorite of the team as I enjoy the process of designing his legs very much. I chose Av-Matoran limbs and ccbs pieces to make him stand out a bit more.

Size comparison:

io files:

I wish everybody the best of luck in the contest!

16 Likes

Not sure what to make of Bomonga’s digitigrade legs…

1 Like

Welcome to the boards! I really like the unique leg design of bomonga’s legs. Good luck!

I like how you used Lhikan’s Hau for the shoulders, that’s actually a very clever idea!

I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone use the metal blue for gaaki until now.

1 Like

Oooo Gaaki has metallic blue for her armor, now that’s new! I actually really like that. Personally, I think it’s fitting of her to have this colour, as it makes her to actually looking more like a Toa of water, rather than looking like Toa of psionic. (Not that I’m against golden armored Gaaki)

And as for Bomonga…well let just say, its an interesting choice of leg design I supposed. Creative use of Av-Matoran limbs for the leg but personally don’t think it suits him. It makes him looking like satyr.

Some interesting choices here; I like Kualus’s color scheme but Gaaki’s doesn’t quite work for me. I guess just having the pair of blues doesn’t make the armor stand out and feel special to me.

2 Likes

Thank you for entering.

Before we can accept Bomonga, he will need to have the black armor on his thighs recolored to gold, as opposed to just having it on the knees. Please modify that before the entry period ends. Thank you.

1 Like