Guards of Makuta - The Toa Hagah (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

I like your take on Pouks but the only thing that bothers me is his staff.
I also like your Kualus where I do not have any complaints about the staff.

1 Like

By the way, what’s the piece in the center of Bomonga’s chest? I searched the number, and all I found was the cape from the buildable Darth Vader.

1 Like

its the diamond-piece (Part#: 35649) from “41196 - The Elvenstar Tree Bat Attack” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey these are pretty good! Let me try to articulate my thoughts below.

Overall, the pauldrons are quite creative. They do sacrifice some uniformity to achieve this, but by no means is this a net-negative.

Gaaki is pretty dece. I think the best part is the tubing, it’s unique and a color that stands out.
I don’t love the Inika thigh guards on metru builds, but that’s pretty subjective. The Hordika armor is a risk, and it makes Gaaki look a little stocky. The color scheme is clean, and I like the paler blue Rhotuka. Is that sand-blue? I like the trident spear too.

Kualus has a lot going on color-wise, but I find myself liking the diversity and balance. The black legs don’t throw off the color scheme at all, I even like how they add a new color beyond light blue or white. The gold looks good on him, and I don’t think I’ve seen that mask design before. His build is somewhat generic, but also cohesive with Iruini. I like his spear weapon, I wish I knew what it was from.

Pouks is pretty intense! His mask looks stern and almost menacing. The Pahrak chest armor is a nice nod to his element, and the Duncan Bulk pauldrons also contribute to his rugged-ness. I am definitely on Team Silver Pouks, so I like that about him too. His spear is interesting. Maybe a bit too much so? But then I’m glad it’s not just a Rahkshi staff on a pole… I’ll have to think about that.

Bomonga is my favorite, hands down. I love any build that makes him look stocky without flipping his torso upside-down. The green chest-light is visually distinct and nice, and I like the Lhikan pauldrons. The sword-spear looks good, and need I even mention the Krana? I think his mask is a little too futuristic-looking, but that’s somewhat subjective. Regardless, I’d like something more standard for our honor-code following heroes.

I appreciate that you balanced their color schemes. Two are silver and two are gold. This is a good showing, and one that I’ll be interested in following through the contest.

1 Like

thanks for your throughts,

to gaaki: the rhotuka is medium blue, becaus thats the color in which the silver/medium-blue marbeled Rhotuka-rotor comes in

to kualus: the spear-tip comes from the Knight-Kingdom line as sword for Sir Rascus (Set “8793 Sir Rascus”)

to pouks: yeah… the spear-tip… im honest, i ran out of good unique ideas for the tip so i slapped on mataus wings at the last minute

to bomonga: i coose this mask design because it reminded me of an old knights helmet with the visor down

1 Like

Bomonga… wait

Bombonga: Toa of Bombs

Anyway, jokes aside… I don’t like the mask. It’s a neat design, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t care for it. I also don’t care for the Krana chest, the Krana are just too iconic for me to see them as anything other than Krana. And the arms are too long for my taste.

Pouks:
I’m torn on the mask. I kinda like how it looks like a desert guy face covering… I’m just not sure if it fits for Bionicle. Aside from that, he’s not bad.

Kualus:
Those legs. Why are they black? You had a great color scheme, with white and light blue and gold, and then the legs ruin it. It’s fine aside from that, but that’s a pretty big mark against it to me.

Gaaki:
The Hordika chest plate just looks too big for a Mettur build, to me. I like the sand blue, but I really don’t like the silver. I don’t think I’ll vote for it, because I want a gold Gaaki.

Overall: the biggest thing going against these, for me, is that the metallic armor color can’t be changed, as that’s one of my main concerns. Other than that, though… well, my opinions on these vary a lot.

1 Like

The files cant be accessed without permission or having a google account

sorry, should be fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jup is fully accessible now. Thanks

Could you maybe publish the parts files?

maybe i will put them on thingiverse

Would be nice.

everyone would like that

If you also had Knigts Kingdom armour pieces, it would be even more joy.

Holy Gadunka! That’s my favorite Pouks I’ve seen so far!

1 Like

FTFY.

2 Likes

Very into Bomonga with the mask usage for shoulders and the krana for a chest plate. Mask gives me very medieval knight. Awesome job!

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:
the medieval-look was intentional :wink:

1 Like

Also just got the Kualus votes and love yours there as well! The balance of colors is a great touch

1 Like

hehe thanks xD
not many seem to like the kualus colors i chose :slight_smile: