Guilty Pleasures

We all have a few of those bands, films and games that you know are awful yet you still enjoy them every once in a while. Be it the song from Fast and furious: Tokyo drift or a movie tie-in game from your childhood, feel free to share yours here.

Since I wanted to create this topic I should go first.
TOUCH TOUCH by RQ. I’m not a huge hardcore fan yet I just can’t get enough of this track.
Frederik, or basically anyone else who has made Finnish versions of popular pop songs. Best road trip music.
And finally, Vocaloid. To be honest, what caught my attention first was the animation, but lately I’ve had vocaloid music playing on the background while playing or whatever. Still, I dislike too jittery vocaloids, and occasionally prefer having the songs sung by actual people.

1 Like

I can’t get enough of cheesy 80’s pop music, such as this.

6 Likes

I think the Transformers films’ soundtracks aren’t too shabby. That is if you don’t include Linkin Park.

But if you’re talking about the films in general I understand completely.

3 Likes

Another of my guilty pleasures. XD (Though really only that one album about a nuclear holocaust. And I can’t stand it when they start rapping.)

4 Likes

The Super Mario Super-Show. I only watch it to get a laugh because of how stupid it is.

1 Like

I like Given Up and Breaking the Habit. Have you seen the music video of Breaking the Habit? I’m a sucker for anything animated, so I like it.

1 Like

Hadn’t seen it, or heard the song, until now. The animation as a little more “dark and gritty” than I’m usually a fan of, but it was still interesting.

2 Likes

Enjoying Halo Wars for the gameplay. And not the cutscenes.

Just saying.

Uh, not gonna lie, I really liked The Wanted’s “Glad You Came” too much.

Other music…hmm, not sure. I’ll get back to you.

2 Likes

I wish there were more topics about stuff I had actually heard of…

pleasedon’tkillme

Dude.

This topic is about a concept, not a particular group or whatever. Definition here.

On another note, I really did enjoy the Usher song “More.”

I don’t think i should, tho.

…oh.

I thought that they were talking about a band or something, seeing as it was in the music category :3

to be fair, I was really tired…

I’m sure you have something that is relative to the topic. After all, it really can be anything.

1 Like

Once upon a time Ninja Seeeeeehhhhhhhhh-uh -Party came down to San Diego Comic Con and they had a live performance at Petco Park (With Free admission!) Even though it would have only been a 20 minute trip for me I still didn’t go because who wants to be in that awkward situation where you are asked “Why are you going to see a band called Ninja___Party?” Needless to say it was one of my greatest missed opportunities

(I love Danny’s voice… :cry: )

2 Likes

The name itself, Ninja Shhh-Party (is it really concidered to be bad behaviour to say the s-word in this context? It’s not like we’re talking about anything naughty. Whatever the case, I suppose it’s better to play it safe.), is a great conversation starter. I went to see a bunch of brony musicians at a small concert hall when we had a brony convention here last summer - the music styles changed with every band, having 8-bit rock, acoustic jazz and pop, trance and whatever. I personally love all these weird situations and how they spice up my word exchanges with my friends.

1 Like

I know the band, I’m a fan, and I certainly do feel for you.

I wish that I too could’ve gone to an NSP concert, but I’ve never had the chance myself. :confused:

1 Like

“September” by Earth Wind and Fire

“The Impression That I Get” by Mighty Mighty Bosstones (I can’t believe I’m admitting to this one)

A lot of rock songs in German for reasons I can’t explain

“Turning Japanese” by the Vapors

Daft Punk in general

Alan Jackson, the only country musician I’ll ever admit to (CCR is NOT country for those wondering)

Jimmy Buffett

Christmas music

2 Likes

I don’t know if this topic is exclusively for music, buuuut…

Angry Birds.

1 Like

Really, anything by the Goo Goo Dolls. Especially their older stuff. I like their acoustic music and well-thought-out lyrics.

Other than that, there are a few (obscure) pop hits I like. “Parachute” by James Durbin and “Superheroes” by the Script to name a couple.

Dunno why, but I think this is pretty awesome.