Guns and weapons that resemble realistic firearms in Bionicle canon

Destral Cycle is canon.

6 Likes

True.

2 Likes

It’s worth noting, though, that the wheels of the Destral Cycle seem to be some kind of top-secret cutting-edge technology; no other vehicles in the Matoran Universe have wheels, and Jaller was unable to comprehend what he was even seeing when he first laid eyes on Umbra’s feet.

EDIT: The chariot included in the Piraka Stronghold set also had wheels, although I’m not sure if that detail is canon.

After doing some reading, I found that one of the early rules of Bionicle was “no wheels”.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, Jaller commands a crab-pulled cart in the Dark Mirror universe, suggesting at least the possibility that wheels existed there. Perhaps under Toa Tuyet’s dictatorship the sciences and field of engineering were advanced to supplement her brutal regime, leading Matoran to invent the wheel long before it is normally discovered on Spherus Magna in the primary continuity.

2 Likes

Or it used levitation disks, perhaps?

2 Likes

Impossible. Such a device would be repelling the ground itself, and repelling nature is morally abhorrent.

4 Likes

But there is no more Toa code there. They’re all immoral.

5 Likes

Also Metru-Nui airships, which do exactly this.

1 Like

The only way to make sense of this is to nitpick the specifics of each power.

To me, the difference is that Levitation disks only cancel out gravity, while the Crast can actively create a force in any direction.

I still have no idea why the Crast is immoral (if anything, Levitation is more immoral since you are preventing a natural force from occurring), but there’s the difference.

2 Likes

I’ve never understood this either. It seems like such a weird power for Toa to take issue with when there’s so many other things they’re fine with using (a Mask of Fusion isn’t immoral, from memory. And Telekinesis definitely isn’t.)

2 Likes

Also the Crast has a more focused AOE. It has to have a more specific target, while levitation is just “repel gravity”.

It’s a plot device for the lines’ target audiences. The bad guys wear evil masks.

2 Likes

I think it was stated on the Shelek that Toa just dislike any Mask that is worn by any Makuta on principle, regardless of how bad the power actually is.

Then again, maybe it’s not the power itself that’s immoral but the method it is achieved by. Similar to how electricity isn’t immoral but coal power plants are?

2 Likes

I don’t know about that. Thok’s Ice Gun and Hakann’s Lava Launcher are the closest I’ve seen that resemble actual guns.

@Toa-of-Snow I’ve always found the Komau, Mask of Mind Control, an EXTREMELY immoral mask especially when it was used to make Krekka and Nidhiki literally destroy themselves by being thrown into Teridax’s shadow vortex.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

2 Likes

Well, technically they just fell off the caravan; Teri grabbed them after they hit the road.

2 Likes

In that instance I agree, but the point still stands that manipulating someone’s mind has no moral issues for Toa but mentally pushing things away is despicable. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Morals kind of depend on culture though. The culture of the GSR is vastly different from our own so they have a completely different definition of what constitutes “moral”.

1 Like

… mayyybe

1 Like

If that’s true, that’s absolutely hilarious that Jaller was completely dumbfounded by one of the most basic human inventions.

1 Like

From Bionicle Legends 5: Inferno:

“The yellow-armored being who stood on the stairs holding a wicked staff could not have been further from his friend. Jaller’s eyes were drawn to the figure’s feet, which featured rounded devices that looked something like gears. The Toa of Fire could not recall seeing anyone actually standing on their gears before, though.”

3 Likes

The Rockoh T3 is basically a gun in set form with some extra doodads on it.

5 Likes