hagah contest (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

here are my entries for the hagah moc contest the first one is kualus

the second one is bomonga

number tree is pouks

last one is gaaki

the mocs are all build on the original metru body and even have the gear function, also gaaki has a mask olmak on her head the reason is i dont have anything in that particuler collor of gold but it does remind me of wakara a character from a commic made by Atlasavion on deviantart so if it is disqualified becouse of that i totaly understand but please sent me a messege so i know i did not try to make that character i just did not have any more pieces in that type of gold. here are the new shields for bomonga and gaaki

9 Likes

Simple and organized, I like that. Don’t worry about Gaaki’s mask. If a winning MOC uses an illegal mask all it implies is that the final art must change it to fit with the rules. And if you wanted to you could swap out her mask for another appropriately colored one, like a Metru or translucent blue mask. The mask colors are likewise set to be fixed during the art portion. Good luck.

Your Gaaki wears an Olmak, not an Olisi, which I believe is allowed, so you’re fine there.

yeah sorry i got the name wrong my mistake

@Kanohi_Cantri ok thanks

Edited for Double Post- Prentice1215

The gun as bomonga’s spear is really neat

Thank you for entering.

Before we can accept Gaaki and Bomonga, they will need to carry shields that match their metallic armor color. You will need to either:

A: Digitally recolor them, or have someone do it for you.
B: Create a custom shield piece that matches the metallic armor color.
C: Change the metallic armor color to match.

Please do that within the next three (3) days. Kualus and Pouks are fine and will be accepted anyways.

Thank you.

So uh, just a quick question…

Would Gaaki’s mask be honoring the Olmak-bearing member of Jovan’s team? Since if not, this means that this Gaaki - if canon - would quite literally canonize there being another Olmak somewhere in the universe.

Interesting, to say the least.

4 Likes

Not necessarily.

It could have had an owner before Artakha arranged for the member of Jovan’s team to have it, and its history is muddy after it was taken from that owner.

It also could be honouring Brutaka.

But if we assume that Jovan’s team member was the only one to do anything heroic while wearing the mask, then this mask would have to be honouring him; anything else would contradict canon, regardless of what the builder says.

gaaki looks a bit too much like brutaka and bomonga looks a bit too much like krakua with current mask choices idk. besides that these look nice good luck

1 Like

Really don’t think so. Brutaka was an OoMN high priority member tasked with guarding the most legendary mask in existence long before the Hagah came into being - it’s doubtful the Hagah had any idea his species existed, much less him specifically.

Not so. Unless specified that it’s honoring Jovan’s buddy, it could equally be honoring the user of a mysterious third Olmak just as much as it could be honoring Jovan’s buddy. No clarification equals no certainty.

And Greg has casually overwritten canon before.

1 Like

at the moment i am not at home tell monday but i will give them diferent shields and weapons ones i am at home thanks for warning me becouse it is not in the 3 day criterea i would understand why you would disqualifie them

@Ghid yes she would be honoring the olmak wearer of jovans team
Also, greg has indeed overitten canon bevore that is a fact

Edited for Triple Post - BioKnight

I can digitally recolor the shield for you if you want

(btw, double posting is against the rules)

2 Likes

i see that would be very welcomed thanks

1 Like

@barraki124
Unfortunately, my attempts at recoloring the shields were unsuccessful. :confounded:

Sorry.

2 Likes

no prop its the tought that count it was nice to know that someone wanted to help me

1 Like

It has been clarified that there isn’t a third Olmak:

You are correct, though, that it wouldn’t have to be honouring Jovan’s team member; the second Olmak could have belonged to someone before Jovan’s buddy got it, and there also could have been a hero who wore it in the time between that member’s death and the Order’s possession of the mask, or between the Order’s possession and Tridax’s possession.

The timeline is unclear, and it gets more unclear since we don’t know when the Hagah were formed; the best I can figure is that they were formed anywhere from 3300 to 80,000 years ago, which is a range that encompasses all of the aforementioned events.

And none of that accounts for the possibility of a dimension-hopping hero not from the prime universe.

But we aren’t Greg, and these contests don’t get to add any backstory details, never mind canon-overriding backstory details.

1 Like

yup whe are not greg but i will keep the mask as honering that member of jovan team as jovan team does not get that much atention

i have made two new shields for bomonga and gaaki however for gaaki i did not have enough gold pieces to make a spinner shield so if it is disqualified i understand

I don’t know if too late but you’re welcome!

2 Likes

unfortunatly its to late but i thank you for doing this its nice to know someone wanted to help me out