Hagah's Nostalgia (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

Love the mask you could probably get away with saying its a variant of Kongu Mahris mask instead of the official mask of emulation. It looks a lot more like that mask anyways

2 Likes

Question: is that mask real or are you really great at realistic textures?

It would be cool if he made this art for the other 3 Hagah! The artwork gave me crazy nostalgia from the commercials

1 Like

I agree, I think the Zatth is a perfect option for Pouks.

If you make the other three and keep this pouks design you’ll have my vote. If you do make the other three would you do all different armor colors or do a split?

Very well thank you for the advise, anyway, the creation of this mask is based on the Zatth, Kanohi Avokhii and the Kanohi of Radiak. Thing that I will change during the creation of the other Hagahs that I unfortunately forgot

I created the mask using worn parts from Kongu’s Zatth, Kanohi Avokhii, and Radiak’s Mask. I assembled them and painted them. Then I added an effect via Photoshop. The process will be explained in detail when I finish the other Hagahs

This is expected and luckily I have three more weeks ^^

A big thank you, it’s nice!

@imall543 Thank you that gives me even more the courage to continue the others that I have omitted in the rules … I am starting out and these competitions are not familiar to me. I think it would be a good idea to have different colors of armor. Norik is in Pearl Light Gray, Iruini in Flat Dark Gold, Pouks in Pearl Dark Gray, Kualus in Metal BLue, Bomonga in Pearl Gold, Gaaki I don’t know for now … Maybe even Bomonga will be different. I try to find the best adjustments.
And the final rendering, I try to separate or put together it’s quite complex given the poses of the characters

Edited for Quadruple Post - BioKnight

3 Likes

Nice can’t wait to see the rest of them. Good luck !

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe photographs of MOCs will be considered for the art contest? Considering the spirit of the rule banning the use of Studio and LDD, I wouldn’t imagine just entering a MOC for the art contest would be allowed. Also, I don’t know if this has been made clear yet, but you aren’t allowed to use this mask for Pouks. This mask specifically has been banned for Pouks.

6 Likes

Once I have all of my artwork, I will edit my post to clarify some points. The post I published was late, at the last moment before learning that the contest had been extended. Suddenly, some explanations are missing and others are wrong. Soon I will rectify the problems

1 Like

I love the changes you made, especially keeping the og color schemes. One nitpick I have is that both the moc builder and mask maker preferred to use a different mask for Gaaki.

Looks pretty good, though I do think that the filter (poster edges?) is it bit distracting. Maybe tone it down a bit

Actually I don’t think tracing mocs like this is allowed for this contest.

well, I don’t know if it’s traced or not.

But if it is, then yeah, it would be DQ’d

Yes! This is what I’ve been waiting for so glad you made it and you kept the original color scheme. You got my vote my friend. Definitely my new top choice

Iruini should probably be made gold, since his colors can’t be changed. Also - this still appears to be a photo of real-life MOCs with filters applied. Is that what it is?

3 Likes

Yes, on the rules regarding Gaaki, we can change the mask, his color and his spear. For my part, the MOC itself suits me. The mask has a very old connotation, and would seem familiar to Pridak before his mutation. Since the Hagah masks are reproduced in honor of heroes of the past. This is the reason why I kept the mask.

Regarding my way of proceeding, I have been drawing for more than 20 years. And I reproduce all the details as much as I can. Added to that the fact that I am using Photoshop with a Pad. Photoshop’s shortcuts with smoothing, fine lines, color gradients, blurring, marbled effects and so on, allow me today to create works such as this one.
If ever, this poses a problem for the competition because too realistic opposite the MOCs, I hope that the rules will be adjusted, to avoid in my case a concern of disqualification.

Regarding Iruini, this is Gold includes the reflections of the storm and the color palette to create it.

I thank you very much! It is very pleasant. I hope that my participation will be taken into account ^^

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

I don’t see why it wouldn’t

Okay… but did you trace anything or not?

2 Likes

Pretty nice! I really like Pouks’ choice of Kanohi!

Regarding the lines that I drew, I used the photos of the Pouks mask that I created. In addition, the masks of Bomonga, Gaaki and Kualus not having them, I used the photos of the winners. The Kualus ice pick which serves as its support is an image that I bought, it is not of me. I just retouched it.

Thank you so so so much ! I wanted to give Pouks a more impressive side given his more impulsive character, and his massive armor. In addition, I was able to “recycled” broken parts

2 Likes