Halo: Into the Howling Dark Reboot

OOC: I only have one character so as long as I’m not saying “OOC:” it can be assumed to be him.

1 Like

Lobster was lying on a bench, his arms crossed behind his head, his hands propping himself up. He was snoring, softly, a skill he found very useful.

Leaning on a wall next to him was the grey clad Santiago, suspiciously looking around at the filthy aliens. His right hand by his side, fingers drumming on his leg, right next to his trusty socom.

3 Likes

Cabis vul gets up and walks towards his fellow wall leaner/siter “you gray human you have distrust for the dirty vermin” Cabis vul says vermin a little louder while glancing at Irzon.

2 Likes

“It’s true, I’m not a fan of aliens” Santiago said, grabbing his pistol, spinning it around, gripping it, and pointing it at Cabis Vul “Not just those testosterone monkeys, but you freaky mouthed, religious fanatic”

3 Likes

“Please im no religious fanatic” cabis vul says in calm voice “i may have lead one too many glassin… zealot relic recovery im no follower of the great journey”

3 Likes

“Well then” Santiago lowered the weapon, but din’t holster it “I won’t kill you here”

2 Likes

“I will offer you the same courtesy human” cabis vul said with a toothed grin

2 Likes

“That will be an interesting day” Replied Santiago, the tension between the two slowly dissipating.

2 Likes

Cabis vul srugs and returns to his wall

2 Likes

“Greetings, Kel. I hear the commentators will be explaining thoroughly what this match will hold. This is Tul Ip, you may have heard of his botany skills.” Irzon gestured to his Unggoy companion beside him, who bounced on his chair eagerly. The room of the spectators was full of UNSC and LR people, all ready to watch the match from a currently blank screen.

Meanwhile, Sky passes the two Spartans resting on the bench.

@EvilLobsterKing
“I knew we were two short. What are you waiting for, the apocalypse? Follow us.” Sky would have been more brash, had she not realized mid-sentence that this was Lobster and Santiago, the two who had proven themselves in the LR for killing a squad of UNSC ODSTs. Grace then offered her hand to Santiago. Sky desperately wanted to intervene, but then that would possibly alienate her and her sister-Spartan from the rest of the squad. So she let Grace go through with it.

2 Likes

Samuel walked into the room, sniper rifle slung over his back. “I’m not late am I? Samuel Dawson, sniper and pilot, at your service.” He made a mock bow.

1 Like

“Not unless you mean that nearly twenty five minutes before a match that decides the Outer Colonies’ fate isn’t late, you’re fine.” Sky said, full of sarcasm. Grace, after greeting the other two Spartans, held her hand out to Samuel.

“I’m Grace. Nice to have you on Daylight.” She says, giving a look to Sky, who remained as stone cold as ever.

Cabis vul looks up and takes in the the new arrival. Sizing up his strength. Then lowers his head once again to continue thinking about times long past.

1 Like

Raptor walked into the room, his Shotgun on his back.

“So, are we going to do this? I have been itching to shoot something all day”

1 Like

“The UNSC’s putting in their best, so soon your trigger finger won’t be so itchy.” Sky said based on the information she’d been given.

“Hey, I’m Grace.” Grace greeted him, outstretching her hand.

“Morning, Mam” Raptor replied, shaking Grace’s hand. He then sat down on a nearby crate and began loading his shotgun.

1 Like

“I’d stow your shotgun. We all start with the same loadouts. AR and magnum, single grenade.” Sky informed as the Spartans waited in the confined space of the Warzone simulation waiting room. “So, who here has done Warzone before?” Sky asked the question knowing the answer, but curious nonetheless.

“Only once, we lost”.

1 Like

Marek stood in front of a REQ Store kiosk in the corner of the room, puzzling over what to do with his 6157 REQ Points.

“If I spend it on a silver pack now, I might get something decent to use in the next simulation,” he muttered, “but if I save it towards a gold, the chances of getting something spectacular are a little greater.”

He put his hands on his helmet as if he was trying to pull his hair out.

“Ah! I’m terrible at deciding things under pressure.”

For no easily decipherable reason, he closed his eyes, spun around three times, and pressed a random area of the screen.

“‘Confirm Silver REQ Pack Purchase’. Might as well.” he said as he pressed the “Confirm” button.

As 5000 REQ Points were withdrawn from his account, the REQ Pack opened and revealed its contents.

“Nomad Wanderlust armor, Suppressor, Suppressor, Plasma Pistol, Needler, Needler, Needler, Hailstorm, some SMG variant that I’ll probably never use, Carbine, Carbine, Corp Warthog, Gungoose, and a few Warzone boosts. Well that was 5000 Points well spent…”

He switched from the store to his REQ Card collection to go over what he had.
“Conspicuous lack of Gravity Hammers”, he said after going through the Power Weapons section, “Here’s hopin’ I find one on the ground with a decent charge.”

He switched to his Armor Customizer app and checked to see what the new armor would look like with his preferred helmet.

“Just as I thought.” he said upon viewing the armor-helmet combination, “Hideous.”

Just as he closed the application and turned away from the kiosk, he heard someone ask a question about previous Warzone experience that was phrased in a way that allowed anyone to answer.

“I handled vehicle distribution for a few minutes during one match when the guy who normally handled it toppled a Mantis and had to be carted off the Skickbay,” he responded. “if that counts.”

OOC: I’ve never been the best at character introductions, primarily because they tend to be huge and needlessly wordy (like the above wall of text). Sorry about that.

1 Like

“Alright, I have never fought a Warzone match though. This should be interesting”

1 Like