Halo: Into the Howling Dark Reboot

“Get back here!”
Leo runs after his helmet rolling down the hall. It stops at the door. He grinds to halt leans to pick it up and manages to lose his balance and fall into the room.
“I had overslept and had some issues with my armor… But in the end I am here. I am Leo, I’m pretty good with explosives, I also may have have forgotten profiles and names of the team members, who will be the leader I have the honor of serving?” He grins and puts his hand on the back of his head. He aimlessly looks around the room.

1 Like

“Your leader would happen to be me,” Sky pointed to herself. “Leo, you’re lucky I won’t report you for the delay.” Sky informed him. It wasn’t in the spirit of meanness, she just couldn’t afford tardiness on the field. Her eyes finally found the Spartan that had spoken up, Marek.

@Marendex_T17
“Marek, all I need to know is can you pilot vehicles in Warzone?” Sky clarified.

@RaptorTalon
She turned to Raptor. “Listen to the announcers and you’ll catch on quickly, I’m sure of it. It’s what I did my first time.” Sky checked her roster for any remaining Spartans, and was disappointed to find another small team by the name of Toxic in participation. Fireteam Toxic fell short on just about everything. Most of all, they worked independently, so Sky and Daylight couldn’t depend on them for backup or cohesion of any kind.

1 Like

“This’ll be fun.”

X nervously messed with his pistol.

1 Like

“Hear here” Raptor replied. His face in a concerned frown.

1 Like

“Well, I was a test driver at Asklon for about 5 years, so, yeah, I know a thing or two about driving.”

1 Like

“So if I die strapped to the back of a flaming Warthog, I know who to blame. Awesome”

4 Likes

"Hopefully I’ll keep that warthog from catching fire.

Just make sure I can get to it before it’s dead"

1 Like

“I would be worried more about keeping myself from being dead”

1 Like

“Well I can’t help with that”.

“I failed first aid training”.

1 Like

Santiago had momentarily forgoten his sleeping friend, so he turned around as he was walking away, and threw a chair at him.

“Wake up barnacle face!”

Lobster had been having a lovely nap, his dreaming mind had him flying low over the ocean, in a magical chariot made of guns, pulled by two pure white unicorn grunts.

He was not happy when that world shattered and he heard the smug voice of his friend.

The red armoured Spartan leaped of the bench and charged towards Santiago. The two collided, Lobster’s head winded Santiago, and he toppled over. Seconds later Lobster was sitting on his chest pinning his arms with his legs, hovering his fist above his head.

“You chair flinging hooligan!” Lobster screamed gaining the attention of everybody that hadn’t already noticed the two “Was it with the intention of your life ending!”

3 Likes

“Great, I will make sure to come to you whenever I feel like dying”

2 Likes

“That was pretty unnecessary.” Grace commented on the waking Spartan’s outburst. Sky mentally sighed as Grace could have started a conflict she didn’t need to be in five minutes before a Warzone simulation.

“Huh this will be interesting.” He said to himeself.

“I wonder if Kig-Yar can become Spartans?” He thought to himself.

1 Like

“So about warzone, are there things we aren’t allowed to do?”

1 Like

OOC: Specialty Promethean weapons(Like Open Hand, Closed Fist, Dying Star) aren’t allowed, as this is pre-Requiem currently. Humanity has discovered Promethean weapons on Gamma Halo(no Prometheans though), I believe, so Suppressors and Boltshots, as well as regular weapons are alright. Soon we’ll operate without weapon restriction.

“Anything I’d try and say would be best explained by the announcers. They should be on any minute now.” Sky said.

1 Like

Lobster lead his punch fly at the pinned Spartans head.

Santiago moved his head to the side with no time to spare, the armoured fist denting the ground.

“Dude, that was pretty close” Santiago said, holding in laughter “You might wanna work on your aim”

Lobster through back his head and made a noisew somewhere between a roar and a laugh. He quickly sprang up, and helped up Santiago.

“It wasn’t you” Lobster said aiming a kick at Santiago’s head “I really would have crushed you skull”

Santiago ducked, grabbed his a hold of his leg, placed his other hand on Lobsters chest, lifted him into the air, and dropped the Red Spartan to the floor.

They both lost it laughing, Santiago falling over next to his friend.

2 Likes

Sky let out a small grin at the bizarre duo, their display taking her mind off of the match and Fireteam Toxic for the moment.

Grace knew from her bond with Sky that they must have known each other for very long. “How long have you two known each other?” The curious Spartan asked.

2 Likes

“Way back when we where just 'lil Spartans in training” Said Lobster as he sat up
“For however careful this idiot pretends to be, he almost got himself killed”

“You know what” Santiago said as he looked at his friend, who was still lying on his back and punched him in the arm. “Sometimes I wish you had left me to die”

“I feel the same sometimes my man, but it is nice to know I’ve got a crazy guy covering my back”

“I’m just glad they split us up for so long” Retorted Santiago “I wouldn’t have been a Spartan if I was interested in babysitting”

“If anybody ever gave their kids to you I’d be worried”

“You wanna go again” Santiago said jumping to his feet.

“Sure thing” Lobster said, sweeping Santiago’s legs out from under him, bringing him back to the ground “I win”

2 Likes

@squeaverking
Cabis vul looks up alerted by all the noise. He looks around talking in what he’s seeing. He takes a deep breath and begins to open his mouth “commander what is the actual mission im sure your not running spartans though that state of the art simulator for nothing. So what is it? Or do i get some kind of classified because” begins to chuckle “ive done alot worse then torture someone for information”

1 Like

Admiral Jasper, not caring about the threat, decided to respond, calling off his LR Marine guards. “The UNSC wants to know if we’re legit or not. This is the fairest way we can do it.” Jasper began, and stared off for a second. “The only thing is, we’ve got a lot stacked against us. I never told the Spartans the gravity of this situation because it’d probably stretch them to their limits. We will all be executed for high treason if this Warzone match is lost.” Jasper grimly explained. “Call it idiotic of me to throw unexperienced Spartans into the match, it’s in the spirit of the program’s true purpose, to quicken a human’s ability to adapt to new things.”

1 Like