Harren Kaleon (2017 ver)

Back in 2016 when I posted Harren Kaleon, Hero of e’Lekaia I mentioned working on a “modern” remake of her. I got as far as photographing the new version but lost the files - until finding them again recently.

Bear in mind this MOC is not up to my current standards and has some major issues with her proportions. I honestly think the previous version was better in many ways.

A member of the Akonian species or Children of Ako, Harren is descended from the original matoran and agori settlers that arrived on Atmos Magna three millennia ago.

Her ancestral elemental powers unlocked by genetic modification, Harren is able to absorb, control and project water through her hands, and special crygogenic implants allow her to supercool the water to form ice or freezing mist.

Harren’s blade, the lambada sword, is a protodermic weapon that can be programmed to take on up to three different shapes on any one mission. She would later get an upgrade in the form of a full suit of adaptive armour.

All Akonians naturally have transparent flesh coloured blue by symbiotic algae, through which their biomechanical internal structure can be seen. Special bioluminescent lines run beneath their skin that glow red when the akonian is in pain.
Not all Akonians are as heavy-set as Harren - that’s just how she be.

Harren served initially as little more than a firefighter, but was roped into the e’Lekaian military during what would become a brutal civil war across the system.

She is equipped with a jump pack that works by compressing and releasing concentrated water vapour.

As with most Akonian military technology, her pack and armour use the species’ mysterious chronometric technology to run. Harren also has an implant down her spine that, should she ever suffer a mortal blow, can restore her body from a saved state, though doing so also erases any memory of events after the save point.

Harren has been a major character for me in the Champions Online MMORPG for a long time now. She’s married and settled down in a little house on the lake. The story now focuses on the eldest of her children and other heroes for the most part.

As of her most recent update there, she looks like this:

2011 version:

2010 version:

2009 version:

If I revisit the character in MOC form again, priorities would be to fix the proportions and not let her get too tall or complex, while introducing some more colour into the costume where possible.

21 Likes

Champions Online isn’t too bad if a game, probably a reasonable source for OH SWEET MESO OF MERCY

Uhh… Anyway, the uh… The MOC…

The um, arms seem too short compared to the rest of the body. The lack of good-looking articulation imo ties in well with the heavy-set concept, and the shaping does the job well to illustrate the character. Still, I’m not a fan of nuva butt for purely humanitarian reasons.

3 Likes

In my opinion, the first problem was designing the MOC after an ugly character. I think these MOCs are an improvement over the original design. I agree in the fact that the 2011 design is the best iteration. I think the use of G1 parts makes it look a lot more complex.

@Ghid is right on the arms from a visual standpoint, but When I looked at the reference image, I did notice that the arms are quite short.

2 Likes

I have no experience with the game this is referencing, but I will say that this MOC is really good. It looks incredibly solid, with a consistent colour scheme

1 Like

Yeah, just don’t go into Club Caprice and you’ll be fine :face_vomiting:

The arms are definitely too short, and/or the torso is too long. It’s those proportional issues that stopped me from posting this one originally. And yeah, the nuva butt definitely doesn’t work so well either.

how dare u

But the arms probably are a bit too short still. That’s something I should fix.

@TheJerminator The game version is based off this character and not the other way around if you want to think of it that way. You don’t need to have any understanding of the game.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like