Has BIONICLE/LEGO Ever Gotten You Into Trouble?

Similar to the embarrassing Lego related things topic, except narrowing it down to actual negative experiences IRL that have come up due to Bionicle (or other Lego lines).

My parents used to always scare me by threatening to break one of my Bionicle MOCs if I ever did something bad. One time they threw one of my MOCs down a flight of stairs when they got really mad at me.

15 Likes

I had to learn multiplication properly when I was little because apparently my bionicle sets were distracting me

they got taken away, and as a result I learned multiplication very quickly

7 Likes

I took my Balta set to school during 3rd grade.
After recess I was putting him in my pocket and a security guard thought one of Balta’s swords was a knife.

Luckily i was able to pull him out and say it was a toy

16 Likes

:frowning:

“The kid has a knife!”

pulls out balta

“That little man has a knife!”

34 Likes

And it had 08 sockets too :confounded:

12 Likes

One day, while studying for my AP tests, I took a short break to do some stop - motion tests with BIONICLE…

Then my dad walked in, and saw that I wasn’t studying. With the most furious look in his eyes, he destroyed my stop motion set, and knocked down my display shelf (which then fell onto some LEGO Star Wars MOCs I was working on.)

I then studied for the next 4 hours, and wasn’t allowed to fix everything until after. :frowning:

9 Likes

You must live with the hulk.

13 Likes

Lol well actually, he is a pretty strong guy…I learned that day never to test his strength. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

He much did he destroy your stop motion set?

2 Likes

Some of you guys have some mean parents

19 Likes

All of it. It was a carefully-made set, with sand and leaves to give a jungle vibe…and when he was done, sand was all over my floor, and the walls were bent. I just rebuilt the set yesterday, actually.

6 Likes

well to be fair, I think my parents did do the right thing for me because it was getting a little out of hand

4 Likes

Define “getting a little out of hand”

2 Likes

I wasn’t learning about math because I was so concentrated on bonkle

6 Likes

Lego Bionicle. Distracting your children from schoolwork, one set at a time.

14 Likes

Bonkle… not even once.

9 Likes

Yeah, umm, what Rise said…

10 Likes

What would you do if you saw your son obsessively snapping together plastic robots rather than studying?

2 Likes

Buy him more.

13 Likes

Not so much as BIONICLE as much as LEGO…

and MOCpages.

I have also been threatened with my LEGO being taken away, but it only happened once with Furno 3.0…

I think I was mean…so he was taken for a week…

3 Likes